Recent content by Denisefwd93

1. Denisefwd93

bolt heating via induction

I'm thinking of the infamous y-pipe to manifold bolrs specifically, Aren't these basically just a heating element? I saw some where you at can actually make different shapes and sizes by re bending the element?
  2. Denisefwd93

Shift motor woes. Shiftster still a thing?

Have you actually taken apart a shift motor? yet I haven't done it to repair mine, but I have one we took apart, the bump stop on the bottom side of the big gear disintegrates on every one of them apparently, and that is usually the cause of it not going all the way into the shift position...
  3. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

during all this I just found a 93, 3.0 5spd with MANUAL Tcase 5 speed LOL he isn't going to part it out though...claims the frame is good... i just may go see. But damn these trucks are old!
  4. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

I found this it helps a little https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1745325/Re:_Anyone_know_anything_about
  5. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

Thank you gentlemen! I'm finding a few 2.5, 5 speed rangers out there, was the 2.5 4-cylinder a limited-run? I haven't found a whole lot about. Doing an internet search 2.5 Ford 4 cylinder, only brings up Ford ranger which kind of surprised me, was wondering what other vehicles it's in...
  6. Denisefwd93

I was blown away the first time I saw one being used! it was one of those "gotta get one of those!" moments! Using torches close to gasoline has always been one of my greatest fears working on old trucks and cars, that alone would make it worthwhile!
  7. Denisefwd93

I've seen them in action at the shop I go to Actually thinking.. worth the cost? one trip to a shop to have bolts loosened would be nearly as costly I'm sure. wild spread in pricing. shop guys & gals, whats your take on them? low...
  8. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

I've been searching for a 4.0 5 speed 2 wheel drive in my area. There just aren't that many of them around here. There are lots and lots of 5-speed 4cylinder rangers, and maybe just as many discussions on how to get more power out of them! :rolleyes: also in this area everything is Rusty...
  9. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

Yes I kind of lumped the 2.3 in there with the pinto engine it's not likely I would do anything other than use it there are a lot of those rangers around here,
  10. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

I know Honda makes a nice 4 cylinder, I'd never be able to afford anything new "er". I have also noticed in my searching that there are many many rangers and explorers with the sohc being sold cheap
  11. Denisefwd93

Pintoed rangers

Do I even want to consider going back to a four banger? I really like v6 power would have a V8 in another economy But I get really frustrated looking for 4.0 v 5 speeds in two-wheel drive, ( they really aren't plentiful in this area), I'm almost embarrassed to say because I once had a 72 pinto...
  12. Denisefwd93

3.8 ohv

Lol I don't recall noticing very many discussions on the site about airbags come to think about it NOT that I was looking for any,
  13. Denisefwd93

3.8 ohv

Thanks adsm, most in that year with that mileage go for around a thousand or less I did email him and got it answer he says it's exceptionally good condition but who knows what that means. I'll have to go see it and we all know what I'll do with RABS,. don't know why I'm so against airbags...
  14. Denisefwd93

3.8 ohv

I really hate starting new threads just to have questions and answers so if I don't hear on this one I'll make a new one
  15. Denisefwd93

3.8 ohv

thank you gentlemen! Needless to say I didn't go for it, still searching for a 5-speed 4.0, 2wd. Found another ranger near me going to try and see it this week, but it's 1999, 200,000 miles, he wants $1700 too much imo, good news is I have an 98 4.0 engine storage with only 62,000 on...