• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DeepSleeper

1. Manual Transmission Recommendations (2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0l)

Sorry for my late reply, and thank you for the quick response! I did not receive any notification and just checked back after a busy week. I probably just need to update my notification settings, or check back more frequently. Unfortunately, I bought my truck used and later found out it came...
  2. Manual Transmission Recommendations (2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0l)

I have a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 with a little over 224K and a bad transmission. I plan on replacing the transmission around Christmas and am starting a part list now. I am hoping to get all/most of the parts from Autozone, but am making this post for the best recommendations. The rear main...
  3. 18" rims that will fit a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

I was wrong these Challenger rims are 20" in diameter.
  4. 18" rims that will fit a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Well, I had to get something a little sooner than later. So, for now, I bought the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. I did see some Dodge Challenger rims that I would like to get. The bolt pattern is the same, but I need to get more information on offset and etc.
  5. 18" rims that will fit a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

Thank you for the helpful information! I will let you know what I find.
  6. 18" rims that will fit a 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4

I am looking for 18" rims that will work well on my Ford Ranger. Eventually, I want to put 31" tires on these rims and install them on my truck. Does anyone know of some 18" rims that will work in this situation?
  7. 2005 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L 4x4 - Peoria, AZ (No Longer for Sale)

I enjoy my truck, but do not have the time right now to get it where I want it. I flew to Washington state about 6 months ago and bought this truck from a dealer. During the test drive, it was a little stiff shifting between gears, but I did not think anything of it at that time. After buying...
  8. WTB Manual Transmission for 2005 4.0L Ranger 4x4

Thank you for your help, and this is for a 4x4
  9. WTB Manual Transmission for 2005 4.0L Ranger 4x4

I am looking for a good manual transmission near Phoenix, AZ. If price is good, I will also consider shipping from other states.
  10. Hello There

I don't know about that rear main seal model. I used the Fel-Pro BS 40647. Maybe a more experienced forum member will know.
  11. Hello There

Sorry for the late reply, and it was not extremely difficult to remove the rear main seal. I removed the seal with tools similar to those below, and replaced the seal with a Fel-Pro seal from AutoZone. The Fel-Pro seal came on a plastic ring that greatly simplified installation. Once I set the...
  12. Hello There

Good evening and thank you!
  13. 4.0l Engine Replacement

adsm08 and Dirtman, Thank you for the tips and suggestions. Also, I will check the crank pulley.
  14. 4.0l Engine Replacement

My truck has over 215,000 miles on it and I think one of its timing cassettes is making a high pitched squeal around 2,750 RPM. With this many miles, would it be best to just replace the engine with a re-manufactured engine?
  15. Hello There

Thank you Eric! I am currently working on the clutch master cylinder. Hoping this will resolve my remaining shifting issues.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad