• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by deeman

1. Need rear shock suggestions

Interesting, thanks for the suggestion! Are you still enjoying and happy with the airbag option?
  2. Heater Core or Blend door acuator?

Okay, thanks guys - I also suspect the HC needs to be replaced but I wanted to check to be sure.
  3. Heater Core or Blend door acuator?

So a guy needs help diagnosing an issue on a 2008 RWD 3.0l 3 weeks ago when I started it and turned on the AC I had a blast of steam come thru the vents. I stopped and there was a really big amount of vapor coming from under the hood right near the heat exchanger. I did smell coolant and...
  4. 2008 Ranger - I'm getting steam / mist from my vents

About a week ago I started getting steam vapor coming from my vents. It seems worse when I turn the AC on. Temp gauge is fine and shows no overheating. Mist vapor really does not have a smell. The first time I noticed it, the mist was pretty thick and I could see it coming from underneath...
  5. Need rear shock suggestions

Ahhh, you are right Grumpy. I posted this then did some research and found you are correct. Do you see any option to enhance my current leaf springs or do they need to be replaced?
  6. Need rear shock suggestions

I have a 2008 RWD Ranger. I ordered and installed KYB Excel-G shocks Details on shocks about 2 years ago. I use my Ranger to pull a 5x8 landscape trailer which weighs about 2,000lbs with my stuff in it. Anyhow, it's obvious that the rear of my truck looks to be sagging with or without the...
  7. Timing Cover Coolant Leak

Great thread, very helpful. I have the same issue on my 08 3.0 and don't know if I am capable of this repair on my own.
  8. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

Thanks so much Franklin! So I did get 12.22 volts on the wire connector which plugs into the blower motor and yet when reconnected the blower does not run. This still makes me think it's a bad blower. I will try your suggestion of running a ground to the violet/orange wire to see what...
  9. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

Thanks very much Franklin - I hope you are able to see my signature with - 2008 Supercab XLT 2WD 3.0l - listed. If it's not visible I will fix that so others can see. It is an open resistor pack on my truck. I can't help but feel the blower motor is bad. Even when it was working about 3 weeks...
  10. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

Okay, spending a beautiful Saturday with my head in the engine compartment! So, here is what I now know: 1. The 30amp blower motor relay is good - tested When I connect a volt meter to the blower motor connector (which connects right to the blower motor) I see 12.2 volts on the high setting...
  11. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

Wow - thanks so much guys! I will give these suggestions a try and report back.
  12. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

exposed springs pack, thanks
  13. Blower Motor Resistor Issue

I diagnosed a bad blower motor resistor pack since I only had the highest fan speed working. I bought a new resistor pack and removed the old resistor pack which was fairly rusty. The connector was so stuck onto the resistor pack that I bought another kit with the resistor pack and the pigtail...
  14. Max weight in truck bed for 2008 RWD Ranger - NOT for driving

Hello - I have a side business and need to fill a water tank and then park at several spots in an apartment complex. The furthest I would drive is 1/4 mile. There may be hours at a time with this water supply in the bed of my pickup. I just replaced the rear shocks with some Monroe shocks -...
  15. Blowing fuse on trailer light

I have a 2008 Ranger which is still newish to me. I got a utility trailer which I use a lot. Initially the lights on the trailer worked fine. Then I noticed the drivers side tail light and blinker stopped working. I traced it down to a blown 7.5A fuse. I replaced the fuse and the lights...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad