• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Decker

1. Leaf springs & crumple zone

Any ideas on how strong the crumple zone is on the front of a '94 ranger? I'd like to do a leaf swap on my 2wd truck, however I'm concerned that I would have to rebuild the front frame horns. Anyone out there actually done a leaf swap with the crumple zone and had any issues witht he frame...
  2. Ford 9" and Sterling questions.

If it helps any, I had an open-diff 8.8 with 36's on my full size bronco. I've beat the TAR out of it. I jumped it in the sand dunes, dragged it across rocks, dropped the truck on it and wheeled everywhere in 4-Low 1st gear (E4OD) and it never, EVER gave me troubles until the last time I...
  3. '84 Ford barn find, what axles are these????

In case you didnt know, that Dana 50 TTB front is basically garbage. You can put the D50 center in to a D44 and get a bigger ring gear and the brakes (I believe) are the same as the D60, but that's really the only good about them. The 10.25 in the back is an OK axle, if it's not the...
  4. DIY Electric fan controller

Hi folks, I found a circuit design on a 240Z forum and adapted it for a Taurus/Mk VIII dual speed fan. Please check it out and let me know your thoughs on it. :icon_welder:
  5. VIN & Option decoder

Found this while trying to figure out if I had Cali emissions or not. Also did the same decoder on my Bronco and both looked correct. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php Output: Report for VIN: 1FTCR10A8RUCXXXXX 1994 RANGER PICKUP 4X2 Built: April 20, 1994 Paint Code: UA Trim Code: H6 Gross...
  6. Over cooling

I've got an issue with my 94 Ranger 2.3 5spd. The truck never heats up according to the gauge (I know, it's inacurate). I went so far as to remove the clutch fan last night and ran it for 20 mins before it registered 1/3 up the gauge and had pressure and heat in both hoses. I stopped after...
  7. Cat Converter replacement?

I just pulled the muffler on my truck to discover that the insides of my cat were in my muffler, so I need to replace my cat. My question is, OEM direct fit or universal? The direct fit from Magnaflow is around $120 and the universal, also from Magnaflow, is around $65, both shipped at that...
  8. Hi, FNG here

Hey folks, new Ranger owner here. I just picked up a '94 standard cab 4 cyl 5 speed base model truck for $400. It was work every penny of $300 :icon_twisted: She's beat, dirty, been totaled, had bad tires on her, crappy rusted chrome wheels, nasty interior and best of all 221K miles. No...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad