• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DaveH

1. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) Diagnosing the Noise

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks for the thought.
  2. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) Diagnosing the Noise

Been awhile since I've been on the forum. My 05 ranger has run wonderfully since building the 2.5 block 2.3 head engine. I've had a noise that has increased over time since the build. It's a whine that comes on about 2000 rpm and will get louder to about 2200 rpm, 40 -45 mph. I can make the...
  3. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) PO300 code diagnosis

I pulled all plugs , looked perfect. Checked fuel pressure, 65 psi. Held fine after shut down. Did see the coil screws were not tight. Cleared the code and runs smooth as before. Will run to see if the code pops again.
  4. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) PO300 code diagnosis

2.5 engine block 2.3 head with OEM ECU for the 2.3. I built this engine about 3 months ago and have about 3K on it. When first built it ran with multiple misfire codes and replaced plugs, wires and OEM coil. It cleared the code problem for about 2500 miles. The PO300 code is back this...
  5. DaveH

Wanted Fuse cover in Gray

All I need is the little snap in cover. Happy to toss a few dollars your way for it.
  6. DaveH

Wanted Fuse cover in Gray

Looking for this cover, fitting 2005 Ranger XL
  7. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) Engine remove and build day 2--- 05 Ranger XL 2wdr DOHC 2.3 Auto no AC

I did everything bassackwards. LOL. I purchased a long 3'x1/4" x 2 1/2" x steel bar drilled it to match the flex plate holes back of the engine. Got it at the steel shop for about 10 bucks. I put short bolts through the bar into the holes and I hand turned the engine until the bar caught on...
  8. DaveH

Little odd misfire, 2005 2.3 head on 2.5 block

I've driven this Ranger for a few hundred miles after the rebuild. I was able to solve the slew of codes (previous posts) in one fell swoop when I found a transmission electrical connection was loose. Now the codes are gone and the truck is running there is an intermittent problem. For some...
  9. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) Crazy Idea??

Probably the best way.
  10. DaveH

2.3L ('02-'11) Crazy Idea??

2005 Ford Ranger 2.3 with Auto. After the build I have a persistent but small leak at the bell housing. OIL. I was thinking about drilling a small inspection port 1-2" and tapping a couple threaded holes for a cover. I have a small Rigid inspection camera which I could insert in the hole to...
  11. DaveH

Signals and hazard work, dash indicators do not. 2.3 2005 Ranger

RonD, Gawd............... I recently had knee surgery and was reluctant to climb under the truck because of the difficulty to get down and up. I managed it and found the transmission connector was connected but not securely. Snapped it in and voila'. Shifting again. The OD flashing is gone...
  12. DaveH

No wonder I was confused.......... LMAO........... Thanks.
  13. DaveH

I assumed the 16 pin connector was the square connector by the intake driver's side. That connector has at least 33 pins. So, where do I look for this connector? #41 does have 12 volts key on.
  14. DaveH

Appreciate your information. Have a lot to check on tomorrow. Here's the story behind this truck. Bought with blown motor, rod through the block #1 piston. Bought a 2.3 long block pulled from another Ranger and used that cylinder head and oil pan for rebuild as the first engine had sucked...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad