Recent content by Dav

1. remote TFI

well, the truck started giving me problems again. seemed like TFI but i had moved it so wdf? then the light came on. no, not the cel, the "idiot" light. i had moved the wonky TFI but i hadn't replaced it. running cooler helped it but didn't ;fix' it. so i bought a new one and installed it. did a...
  2. I'm not sure where to ask this?

and i was wrong about the rims sitting on the axle flange. the drum is about 3/16 thick and goes on the flange, then the rim. the disc is closer to 1/2 inch thick so it should make the back axle seem 5/8 wider than a drum axle
  3. oil filter question

became a moot point. the hydraulic shop says the oil filter will not pass hydraulic thru it as fast as the pump will push it. basically the oil filter will explode inside and just run oil thru without filtering. oh well
  4. oil filter question

i am planning on using the oil filter mount from my parts 2.9 as a hydraulic filter on a tractor i am repowering. it originally did not have any filter. i need to know which way the oil flows. i think it goes from the oil pump to the center of the filter mount and exits the filter at the off...
  5. horn contacts

well, i did the junkyard today. ford lists the part as obsolete. so across the almost deserted city i went to clearwater. took longer to find the 87 in the u-pick than to get the horn contacts(brushes). 87 with cruise; 3 contact pins. my 88 no cruise; 2 pins but holder could take 3. 89 parts...
  6. horn contacts

but you hardly know me.
  7. horn contacts

just checked ebay. no luck but thanks for the tip. i browsed google til i was falling asleep and now i'm going to do it again...sleep, i'll skip the google part
  8. horn contacts

my horn has never worked right; occaisonal weak honks but usually nothing. the horn and relay are good. so today, since i have an abundance of time, i took apart my steering column. had to go to o'reilly's to borrow the steering wheel puller. natch, a previous borrower had knackered the...
  9. I'm not sure where to ask this?

the rear measures 48 13/16 so the front is about 3/4 inch wider. although i have the mustang rear disc setup, the rims still mount right to the axle flange, no change there. i have a front sway bar. what a difference it made in handling. love it. but, there's always a but, it interferes with...
  10. I'm not sure where to ask this?

my '88 now has 96 beams and brakes. it measures 49 1/2 inches between rims, measured directly under the ball joints at the lip at the widest point of the rim. the rims are stock aluminum rims. i have not noticed any great protuberance of tire from the wheel well but i would say , if there was...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) got me again

changed the fuel pump. turned the key, nothing. wiggled the connecter, went to 40psi then down to 30. took several seconds of cranking to get it running. 30 psi steady. shut it off. came back 10 minutes later. 26 psi, down from 30. went out to double check at this point....down to 22 psi...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) got me again

got the fuel pressure tester from o'reilly's. after hooking it up, the reading was zero. turn key on; goes to 20 lbs. key off, key on 10 seconds later, goes from 20 to 34 to 28. start truck; goes from 28 to 32 then 28. rev it; 44/28 turn truck off. reading very slowly drops. 15 minutes; 20 lbs...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) OBD 1 and 2 questions

there is an OBD ii(B) for sale nearby. google mentions there is a llA and llB but does not say what the difference is. will the (B) work on my 95 ranger or is it for gm or what?
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) OBD 1 and 2 questions

bought a obd reader for my 2.9 series 1. no luck yet finding the problems but then i haven't been using that truck. when i watch you tube vids on using the OBD, they run a bypass wire. is that required to get the dash cel to flash codes? my work truck is a 95 with a 2.3. it needs the OBD2...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) got me again

took the instrument cluster out yesterday to check the cel bulb. there wasn't one! no bulb, no little bulb holder. had some spares so i checked them all and reoplaced 3.now i have a cel. haven't had an opportunity to go anywhere so i have not had a chance to see the code when the truck is...