• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dav

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

wow, can't believe. my luck; the crank sensor is the same on both motors. the 95 has it's original motor. the 94 i picked up for the standard trans (i was feed up with the auto trans problem- i went thru i think 6 of them, {3 were aamco, a shitshow in itself}). whether the 94 was so late in...
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i went to the 4 stores mentioned above. Napa: no code reader Autozone: no codes showing, try chemicals Advancedauto: no codes, no clue. O'reilly: no codes, suggested a local shop w/ better tech equipment.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) any differences?

i have a '94 motor that i believe is a 2.3. someone said there may be differences where the crank sensor bolts on from what a '95 2.3 has. apparently ford changed the voltage of the sensors between '94 and '95. i want to overhaul the '94 to make a long block and swap stuff over when i pull my...
  4. spring thingies

thanks. knowing what to look for makes a difference. i looked on google which led to ebay. one of the sets says " First Registration 2009". i think Ranger went from spring front to torsion bar suspension but did the rear suspension change somehow? i can see that i will have to take a spring...
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

U G, i do agree with you. but the damn thing only craps out when i am damn near broke. i keep saying 'next time..' but i'm broke again next time. and the new pump didn't fix the problem. in the morning i am going to the napa to have them do that code reader thing. then i am going to advance...
  6. spring thingies

i have an '88 2wd that i am replacing the bushings in the rear springs. while i am at it, i need to replace the pieces that go between the leaves. they seem to be some kind of nylon so the leaves slide easily as they flex. i have no idea what they are called. they are not in the LMC catalogue...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

looks like i knackered the valve to test the fuel pressure. another test run and it was still giving me problems. put a new fuel pump in it yesterday. test run seems ok. my budget will only buy cheap fuel pumps and they only go out when i'm short on cash. Ford put a pump in when they made the...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i will go back to o'reilly tomorrow and recheck in their lot but...i took it for a test run. going great until i got a strong gas smell. opened the hood; the schrader valve was leaking a bit. changed it with parts motor valve. not leaking now. whether that was the problem all along or if i...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i will check compression tomorrow; good way to get out of mowing the lawn! re codes; i know they exist but have no idea how to get them. i bought a code reader to use on my '88 and it baffled me so i took it to o'reilly's. the woman who was a whiz at using the code reader had quit and none of...
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

i removed the vacuum line from the intake to the regulator. no gas in it. pressure goes up to 33 psi. i have to keep my thumb on the intake nipple or it stumbles a bit before smoothing out a bit. so i'm not sure if anything is eliminated yet. this is a high mileage motor, about 400k. it starts...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) 95 2.3 standard fuel pressure problem

truck has a power loss. kind of like out of gas but only for a second. tank is full. fuel pressure test shows 10psi when i turn the key on, got to 15psi when running. tested gauge on '88 2.9; 10 psi with key on, 38-40psi when running. retest '95; 10psi key on and running. at idle truck runs...
  12. My 87 Ranger I will be restoring soon I want to keep track of my progress and add information as I find it.

I have been fortunate enough not to have electrical problems in my '88 long bed Ranger. I have been working out mechanical issues before I start minor body work. Rear discs using parts from a 2000 Mustang have proven to be very effective although I still haven't hooked up the E-brake cables. The...
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) misfire

95 2.3 with approx 400k on it. random misfire. it will be moving, both cruising and accelerating but never at idle. the first time I thought the injectors had sprayed water. but it only lasts a split second. i am not sure if it is just one cylinder missing or one whole revolution. have since...
  14. Official 4R44E Problem Thread!

have 3 4r44e transmissions in my yard. one is the oem from the '95 2.3 2wd ranger, my daily driver. two is the aamco rebuild; worst idea i ever had. 4 trannies in 3 years then they refused to honor the warranty because my odo is broken. third one is from a '96 with 89k on it. any way to tell...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) neutral safety switch

crawled under the dash to see what wires you are talking about. mine are multi-colored wires so i wasn't sure which ones i wanted. as i was moving the pedal to see, something fell on me- part of a small plastic clip. hmmm. looked on the O'Reilly site and found the part; Dormann 74014, got it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad