• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Darascal101

1. Darascal101

Getting to the distributor bolt

So here is a stupid question if the water into the oil pan was the result of a failed timing cover gasket would the water go almost directly into the oil pan. I only ask because it was like the water was going directly into the oil pan while I was filling the radiator without the engine running.
  2. Darascal101

Yes sir. Disassembly and inspection was for sure the first planned step.
  3. Darascal101

So I am considering a rebuild of a block I have (the original engine) and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a quality kit. I don't know why I am so hesitant to let this truck go for good.
  4. Darascal101

Well with the use of a telescoping magnet and going through the passenger side wheel well I finally got the socket on the bolt. I could then see where to put the extension on the socket from under the hood. I had her running great. Sounded good. On her first trip she stalled and wouldn't...
  5. Darascal101

Problem is my bolt is 10mm
  6. Darascal101

$150.00 bucks to anyone who wants to come set my timing. I have tried everything I can think of and cannot get on the hold down bolt!!
  7. Darascal101

Exhaust gasket (donut)

looks like it is the same on the 3.0. thinking back I don't remember one being there. But I have a terrible memory.
  8. Darascal101

Exhaust gasket (donut)

First off thanks for you service!! I have tried that on Rock auto but it appears from their diagram no gasket is needed at the manifold which strikes me very odd. Maybe I am just looking at it wrong.
  9. Darascal101

Exhaust gasket (donut)

Just wondering if anybody has a good part number for the exhaust donut at the exhaust manifold to the crossover pipe? I've tried several different part numbers and all I keep getting are ones that are too big any help is great thanks
  10. Darascal101

Exhaust bolts

I need the bolts that go to the exhaust manifolds to the cross over. Any help?
  11. Darascal101

Help removing fuel rail needed.

She is running. Lots of work left but at least I know she runs
  12. Darascal101

No I will have to wait until tomorrow to get 2 more. No point putting it all back together until then.
  13. Darascal101

Yes sir. 40psi. After remembering (don't know how I forgot) I own a fuel injector tester I pulled my injectors only to find all six are not working. Luckily I had some from the donor engine I was able to use as a control to verify my tester. All I can figure is when I cleaned the in preparation...
  14. Darascal101

I verified spark and compression and my noid light indicates all six injectors are getting signal
  15. Darascal101

I need to know if I need to remove the distributor to remove the fuel rail or can I just force it out. Another question is can a bad fuel pressure regulator show pressure at the rail but still keep the truck from starting?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad