• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dantheman1540

1. Dantheman1540

Dans 94, RCSB, 4.0, 4x4, 5spd

Almost died today on an adventure but it was totally not ranger related. I just set nearly to high of a goal to achieve which was paddling 8 miles up a stiff current with no joke 100+ logs blocking the creek, and some rapids which I didn’t know existed in Florida. Was a grand time tho and I...
  2. Dantheman1540

Another short trip to a hiking spot, then washed the pig. Still getting warm on extended drives, but I think it’s actually related to the AC being on. Gonna look at pressures tomorrow I might have to much in it causing the condenser to get hotter than normal.
  3. Dantheman1540

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I think I caught mine on fire, this happened once before over a year ago. I started the truck up with the heater set to on, and smoke immediately pours out the vents. Try changing settings and nothing, rolled the windows and drove the rest of my 5 mins to work the entire time smoke was coming...
  4. Dantheman1540

Another 50mile dirt tripped logged on this beautiful spring day. Lots of higher speed semi maintained dirt roads, then played around in a clay quarry like usual. Front locker did awesome, these tires work fantastic, and the suspension still impresses me. However I’m seriously annoyed at the...
  5. Dantheman1540

I think I figured out my over heating at high speeds issue and it’s really a strange one. My pass rear brake was dragging and chewed the rotor and pad up pretty good. Not sure how I never felt it, but I drove about 60miles today and a good bit of it was sustained 60mph and the temp never moved...
  6. Dantheman1540

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

Looks great nice job!
  7. Dantheman1540

That’s something someone else suggested too, I just have a hard time imagining that 500rpm difference and no extra load is causing that much heat in the oil. I’m thinking the water pump is struggling to keep up although it’s new, or there’s junk blocking some passage somewhere. I’ve seen some...
  8. Dantheman1540

Another good trip in the books, don’t believe anything broke either. However the slight overheating at speeds above 55mph is definitely still there. If I drop down to 50mph/2krpm it’s fine, but 60mph/2.5krpm and it gets warm fairly quickly. I experimented with turning the Efan off at speeds and...
  9. Dantheman1540

I think the expensive Blitzkreig lock nuts fixed my bearing issue! Also the new U joint seems to have fixed the thrust washer not going on problem. I was able to get the thrust washer upgrade kit from Bronco Graveyard in on both sides. I like the triple washer setup with the soft washer in the...
  10. Dantheman1540

Ran out of gas today for the first time since I was 16 in my first ranger. I knew I was low but I genuinely thought there was a fuel light that would pop on. I also did realize that the needle stop at E, it doesn’t go far past the end of the gauge like it does when it’s full. So I pulled off the...
  11. Dantheman1540

Well I picked it up today and the u joint was replaced. Not sure if they got the thrust washer on or not, I forgot to ask. If that’s not it I’m not sure what is have to do to get the shaft further out. I bought new sets of the updated thrust washer system which should be here this week so I’ll...
  12. Dantheman1540

Not gonna lie getting frustrated at this thing. Got the blitzkrieg nuts in and realized there’s no instructions in the box or online. Found an old TRS post saying they spoke to Blitz and were told the new lock nuts only replace the outer portion of the factory combo which doesn’t solve my...
  13. Dantheman1540

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

That power steering oil puked everywhere is a good rust inhibitor
  14. Dantheman1540

‘94 4x4 Swap/Build

I bought a set of 9000s way back in the day for my second ranger. Then a realized the lug nuts had been completely rounded off by the PO and I owned that truck almost two years without ever being able to take a tire off. I was able to install the rears, but not the fronts. That was a loonnggg...
  15. Dantheman1540

True gem found!

That classic gold color makes me swoon, especially with a floor shift T case, and the cool retro STX stickers. Nice find I’d have had a hard time not snagging it!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad