• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DannyG

1. DannyG

Opinions on 1985 Ranger up for sale

Excited to see a clean survivor getting some love.
  2. DannyG

1991 ford ranger

Really love this truck and looks super clean.
  3. DannyG

Project Papa J

I too have issues with sentimental attachment. This is why I still have my '92. I am glad it is running.
  4. DannyG

High mileage Ranger - Worth investing in?

I would say as the others have, drive it till things start to fail. Then fix it. The worst mistake I ever made was letting my '92 sit. I plan to restore it so I am not worried, it has been trouble free for all of the DD life it had and has saved my bacon more than I can count. Just continue to...
  5. DannyG

Photo - Help on what I believe is a fuel vapor line hose, where does it go?

Not 100% sure as my 4.0 is '92 but if it is for the vapor purge, there is a nipple on the throttle body that mine connects too. It would be on the bottom of the throttle body.
  6. DannyG

Struggling with Rough Idle, can't think of what to do next

Have you tested the flow of the injectors? The cleaner may not have corrected enough. They could be clogged and not misting the fuel as they should even though all the digital/electrical sections are within specs. Also, have you inspected the computers physically? Looking at the board for hot...
  7. DannyG

Are You Going To Preorder Or Purchase A New Ford Ranger?

I have a year left on my lease for the Santa Fe, then plan to tool around in the '92 for a year to save money and reduce debt before purchasing a lighting blue one. That may change, but I will mark owning a brand new Ranger off of my bucket list.
  8. DannyG

My 1997 Ranger 3.0 4x4

Ah. you had Lasic done. Looks good.
  9. DannyG

1987 ranger project

This is the sad truth as these trucks age. The cool aftermarket has moved onto to greener pastures. If I had to do it all over again, I would have purchased the things I wanted for my '92 when I got it in '07. Parts were still aplenty. Looks like a clean '87.
  10. DannyG

2006 Ford Ranger Prerunner Build (Beginning)

That is one clean Ranger. Lover the color. Should be a solid platform to build on.
  11. DannyG

1988 Ranger Restoration - Keeping a Promise

I have never liked those style LED lights, gives it a bad look. Would look better with the projector style in my opinion. www.amazon.com/dp/B003XFJKU0
  12. DannyG

97' XLT V6 3.0 Fixer Upper

Looks like a solid truck for a little commuter. I have never liked the whole truck in bed liner craze, I prefer a nice gloss on my truck/car. I will say though a matte OD green or Sandstone is quite attractive. If you do eventually go the route of either paint or bed liner always choose...
  13. DannyG

92 Ranger regular cab door rattles while driving

For the inside door latch it needs to be from a 1991-1989 model, the back should look like below. You will also need the corresponding latch for the rods. Below is a crude drawing of how it should hook up. You will need to rotate the interior handle 90 degrees or vertical to feed the rod end...
  14. DannyG

My Ranger is Cold

I concur with RonD on making sure to get the sender. Just replaced the one on my '92 4.0 and the auto store and mechanic told me I needed the sensor. Where abouts in MN are you located?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad