• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by danno

1. 4WD only 1 Front Wheel Turns, No PVH Hubs, 4WD engages and disengages fine.

Thanks Guys, I was doing a little more reading and figured I do have an open dif as you guys have suggested. This makes sense why I can stop one tire and the other keeps spinning when I have the vehicle off the ground. However, I am still confused since when under serious load (like being stuck...
  2. 4WD only 1 Front Wheel Turns, No PVH Hubs, 4WD engages and disengages fine.

Thanks Shadowrider. PVH stands for pulse vacuum hubs. It was just ford's way of engaging/disengaging hubs on the fly from mid 90's to 2000, they are infamous for failing or being problematic. The weird thing about mine is doesn't have the vacuum set up, in fact it doesn't really have a locking...
  3. 4WD only 1 Front Wheel Turns, No PVH Hubs, 4WD engages and disengages fine.

Hi All, I am quite confused. I have 2000 ranger ( 02/00 build). It's a farm truck, non-highway use. Recently it has left me setting a few different times in the snow. It will sit there and spin 1 back tire while in 4WD and the other tires sit motionless. It seems to have loss some power as...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad