Recent content by Daniel Black

1. Daniel Black

Wanted E303 cam

The stage 2 cam is pretty big isn't it? I was hoping to get by with the tfs 2500100 spring kit. Would that work?
  2. Daniel Black

Free Radiator and trans.

I've got a 2.0 radiator and a TK 5-speed removed from my '87 Ranger 2wd. Manual trans radiator and the truck didn't have A/C. The trans worked good but had some leaks. I modified a TK 4-speed shifter to fit it. Still has slave cylinder, yoke and trans mount. Removed for V8 swap and couldn't just...
  3. Daniel Black

Wanted E303 cam

I just can't spend $250 on a roller cam alone. I can get a flat tappet cam with lifters new for $125 but I thought I'd try this roller cam stuff.
  4. Daniel Black

Wanted E303 cam

I'm looking for a good used FMS E303 camshaft shipped to NC. Paid with PayPal.
  5. Daniel Black

M5OD-R2 abuse

Yes, that's what the OD stands for. The R2 would be my only OD option as far as cost goes. No T5s, TKOs or ZFs or any other OD.
  6. Daniel Black

M5OD-R2 abuse

Should be under 350ft lbs. It's just a used transmission with unknown miles. Correction on my part, it's out of an '02 F150 if they're any different.
  7. Daniel Black

M5OD-R2 abuse

How much abuse can the R2 take? Specifically one from a '98 F150 with a 4.2 V6. By abuse I mean, wide open, on the floorboard, stab the clutch and bang it through the gears. The more I drive my truck the more I wish I had an overdrive transmission but the R2 is my only option cost wise.
  8. Daniel Black

Too much rake

I just happen to have a '90 ext cab 2wd 2.9 Ranger for parts so I can use it's coil springs. I have 165/80R15s on the front and they have scrubbed from time to time over bumps while turning. The 275/60s on the back stick out a little so I can't go too low in the rear.
  9. Daniel Black

Too much rake

Is a shackle flip the way to get the back of this truck down? Maybe remove the helper spring from the leaf packs? My truck was a 2.0 but is a V8 now. Maybe V6 springs would raise the front and level it back up?
  10. Daniel Black

Alternative for the trans dapt oil relocation kit 1113.

Neat. I have manual steering and I'd never heard that info. Would've been good to know last year.
  11. Daniel Black

It has the rubber hose with the push on fittings. I finally just got a pair of hydraulic hoses. Only $44, I should've went that route a year ago.
  12. Daniel Black

I'm still dealing with oil leaks. I looked into the AN lines and fittings but there are so many options I don't understand. To clarify, is the issue with all push-lock fittings or is it just poor quality fittings provided with the Trans-Dapt kit. I can get different push-lock fittings if that's...
  13. Daniel Black

I'm not sure where to ask this?

lol. It's cool. It's just a 302 now but I have another 302 and a 351w in the shed if I can decide on which one to really build.
  14. Daniel Black

I'm not sure where to ask this?

Thanks for that info. I'll measure when I get a chance. I used to have 7" wide aftermarket wheels on the front but now I have 15x4s so it shouldn't be an issue.
  15. Daniel Black

1987 2-speed to 3-speed wipers

So would the 3-speed part work without having the governor, timer part? I can do without the delay part. One more speed would give me another option.