Recent content by Daniel Black

1. Daniel Black

Fuel pump help!

It definitely leaked when I tried an NPT fitting. I found a straight thread fitting. I'm sure a stock Econoline used a flared metal line with a fitting but I couldn't find one.
  2. Daniel Black

Fuel pump help!

I got it fixed. Lowes for all your automotive needs. lol.
  3. Daniel Black

A/C & Power Steering Bracket Removal

Ah, I've never owned newer than '92. Learned something.
  4. Daniel Black

Adding power steering to a 84 2.0L that never had it, can the engine even deal with p/s?

I still use manual on my V8 Ranger. The slow steering box adds to the excitement. lol.
  5. Daniel Black

Adding power steering to a 84 2.0L that never had it, can the engine even deal with p/s?

I've had power steering trucks and currently have a manual steering truck. I really can't tell the difference. Except in a parking lot they pretty much drive the same. Even if power steering doesn't rob much power it still adds weight and you'll have to put up with the classic Ford power...
  6. Daniel Black

A/C & Power Steering Bracket Removal

What motor are you working on? Every 2.3 I've seen the A/C is on the passenger side and the power steering is on the drivers side with the alternator.
  7. Daniel Black

Fuel pump help!

It leaks at the threads. I thought about going another turn but I'm afraid I might crack the pump. It took five days just to get the fuel pump when i ordered it and it's pretty expensive for a mechanical pump. If i could find an adapter I'd go from the pump to a normal 1/2-20 hard line. That'd...
  8. Daniel Black

Fuel pump help!

Anyone using the Econoline mechanical fuel pump have pictures or specs on the fittings? Says it's 1/8-27 NPSF. I had a straight fitting I found in an old carburetor but the gas line is in the fan now that I removed the fan spacer after I destroyed the radiator and old fan. I found a 1/8 NPT to...
  9. Daniel Black

1st gen daily drivers?

The multi colored one is stock other than wheels and tires. '86 efi 2.3, 5-speed. 250K miles and 3 quarts of oil every tank of gas but still runs as good as it always has. You just have to remember to check the oil. Red '87 was a 2.0, 5-speed but it's a V8 now. I love 1st gen Rangers. I've had a...
  10. Daniel Black

5.0 in 1991 Ranger Radiator and heater hoses

Mines an '87 but I used my stock heater hoses. I used a radiator out of a '90 2.9 Ranger and used the 2.9 upper hose with some modification. I had to get one of those universal bendy hoses for the lower. My motor is old so I had to swap the 45° angle T-stat housing for a 90° one.
  11. Daniel Black

2.3 Pinto I/C Bellhousing Pattern?

Looks like any other 2.3 to me. Is it a 1bbl or 2bbl? Carbed first gen Rangers had a 1bbl feedback carb and vacuum advance distributor. I know for a fact Pintos back to '78 had a progressive 2bbl with feedback carb. Even my '87 2.0 had a 2bbl Aisan feedback carb and vacuum advance distributor...
  12. Daniel Black

Anyone tried a resonator exhaust tip?

I fixed it. I V8 swapped it and it sounds much better. My 2.3 exhaust was a long tube header into a Super 10 and out in front of the right back tire so the bad sound was my fault. I just had the muffler laying around and it fit good so I used it.
  13. Daniel Black

Any machinist on here?

The only thing he mentioned was maybe some piston slap from the bottom of the bore as y'all have stated. That's not an uncommon noise to hear in a 289 or a 260 but I know that was part of the design of a 302 block was longer skirts. If it seals up good at the rings then a little noise doesnt...
  14. Daniel Black

Any machinist on here?

I've been driving my swapped Ranger for a while now and it runs pretty good. Definitely better than any stock Ranger I've drove but I'm running a pretty much stock carbed 302 and I'm looking for more. I planned on building another 302 or maybe 289 over the winter and swapping it in the spring...
  15. Daniel Black

Throttle Linkage for SBF, 99' Ranger

My truck is older but I ordered a throttle cable for an '84 F150 with a 351w. All the 302s were 2bbl but the 351w was 4bbl. I don't know if it made a difference in cable length or not. I had to drill 2 holes for it to bolt to the firewall instead of the square snap in deal the Ranger uses.