• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Danger_Ranger.308

1. Danger_Ranger.308

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Today on the ford ranger, I built a highly sophisticated, tunable exhaust system :D https://vm.tiktok.com/ZM8vW61JG/
  2. Danger_Ranger.308

5.0 PCM?

I may be confusing the two lol The EEC-IV is the pcm that needs piggybacked where as the EEC-V has eprom internally. Maybe lol Any links for a decent tuner? I'd whole lot rather plug something in and press buttons than to hack through calibration files :D
  3. Danger_Ranger.308

5.0 PCM?

I would be interested in the cost analysis too Sending the headache out to someone else would only be worth it if it was cheap lol Megasquirt = 1200 something A Chip that plugs into service port= 400 something Mail order tune= ?!? FWIW, I talked to some ford techs and googled till my eyes...
  4. Danger_Ranger.308

5.0 PCM?

Megasquirt is nice and all but you really dont need it for mild tuning. If your making serious HP especially on boost then yea! But the factory ford modules can be tweaked to accommodate mild builds, they just make it more difficult and they keep changing how you do it lol
  5. Danger_Ranger.308

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

If by chemically you mean a flame then yes lol now that craps flammable so carefully apply some heat, key word there SOME your not wanting to red hot the frame a propane torch will suffice and once it starts flaming and dripping you can blow the flames out with a blower and wipe the surface...
  6. Danger_Ranger.308

snow...... and some icy roads

Studded tires would be great unless of course they're illegal in your state, Texas for example. Its giving me flashbacks to the great snowpocalypse of 20 where half the state had no power and chains and studs are banned by the people who turned the power off (probably).. Fortunately for us there...
  7. Danger_Ranger.308

tpms issue/flashing dome lights

Imagine a time where simply disabling a stupid feature on YOUR ride could land you in trouble with the big G man, oh wait here we are lol Once a upon a time I as young service tech working for goberment motors had the brilliant idea of using resistor packs to dumbie the sensors. For a basic...
  8. Danger_Ranger.308

I've flashed the spare in place of a faulty sensor to make a light go away before, you might be on to something lol. Most vehicles just need the sensor in range so as long as they're in the vehicle somewhere it would probably work. Then again, if your tire fluctuates by a few pounds (temp...
  9. Danger_Ranger.308

I dont know what the tpms would have to do with the dome light but I do know virtually all passenger cars, trucks, and SUVs since 2007 had Tpms equipped from the factory (minus one tons maybe) . Also there's two different frequencies for sensors. I dont know the exact date for the switch but...
  10. Danger_Ranger.308

Narrowing 7.5 rear.

Jeep guys do the same for 1 ton axles to make them somewhat fit under a narrow chassis. That in combination with dually hubs and it will almost fit perfect in something that started with about a 56" wide set up. So I'm sure you could do the same with a 7.5, might as well weld the tubes when you...
  11. Danger_Ranger.308

snow...... and some icy roads

Coming from a texas boy you can take it for what it's worth, but all the techniques for driving on snow you can throw out the window for ice! People may disagree but moonlighting as wrecker operator with my old man has taught me that there is not really any special skill to drive on sheets of...
  12. Danger_Ranger.308

NEED HELP! Replacing '02 Front Cats

I'm not a rust belt tech but a blue wrench does wonders! If your really careful you can just burn the head of the bolts off, get the cat out of the way, burn the stud red hot and use a extractor to remove them. I have also used smaller diameter nuts and bolts if the studs damage the threads to...
  13. Danger_Ranger.308

1991 Ranger 2WD 302 Swap Newbie

Why carb? While it may be easier to get a carb swap running with only a few wires and a fuel pump modification, I personally find it more difficult and expensive to get the little things working such as gauges, brakes (if you like abs) etc. Carbs are old school and not many shops have techs...
  14. Danger_Ranger.308

5.0 PCM?

Does anyone know what software the speed shops are running for EEC-V tuning? Been digging into it some and it seems most of the DIY type of tuners swap the explorer PCM to the EEC-IV with the engine harness and distributor from mustang's. There's plenty of plug and play software that way but I...
  15. Danger_Ranger.308

Howdy from Texas

The sleeper look is definitely growing on me. Idk bout a vette killer since its gonna be a DD but mustang's and Camaros better watch out lol. My next step is rebuilding the front suspension to replace worn components, the long travel kits cost more than the whole truck and im not exactly gonna...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad