• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cyclejohn

1. How's your gas mileage?

1984 Bronco II, 10K on a rebuilt engine, 4X4, base model, manual front locking hubs, Duraspark conversion, Holley 350CFM carb, mostly 2-lane country backroads, 3-speed auto, ... 23 - 25+ MPG with me driving. With my daughter driving, not so much :).
  2. Ranger not starting

Oooh, one more thing, be careful and watch, there is a detent ball that likes to go crazy when released. John
  3. Ranger not starting

Almost the same exact symptoms that I experienced. Get it done. Until you open up the clamshell around the steering column and check it, nothing else matters (just like the song). John
  4. Lever Guns Anyone?

Does anyone own a Henry's Mares Leg (44 mag specifically)? If YES, a review please!!! Thanks, John
  5. SOLD! 'NEW' (re-manufactured) Cardone 30-2671 Distributor

Just wanted to provide an update. The distributor is SOLD. Thanks, John
  6. Lever Guns Anyone?

I have 3 lever guns. An 1895 Marlin in 444. A Marlin 336Y carbine youth model in 30-30. A Henry Big Boy carbine in 44 mag. I have harvested quite a few packages of 'venison on the hoof' with those 3 rifles. John
  7. SOLD! 'NEW' (re-manufactured) Cardone 30-2671 Distributor

Just a quick note to update my post here: I think my Paypal account is working now. Anyway, just an update. Have a great day, John
  8. Can't get it to idle - HELP!

I'll just put this right here: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?threads/new-re-manufactured-cardone-30-2671-distributor.196302/ John
  9. SOLD! 'NEW' (re-manufactured) Cardone 30-2671 Distributor

I have in my possession a 'New' re-manufactured Cardone 30-2671 distributor. What I want for it is the same that I paid for it plus actual shipping cost to it's new owner. What I paid for it: $77 for the distributor...$3 core charge...Tax = to about $5.50 . So that is $85.50 + actual shipping...
  10. Duraspark II Distributor Issue

Hey Franklin, The short answer to your question is Yes. The Cardone 30-2671 has 2 ports on it. I have a vacuum line running from the inline nipple of the vacuum diaphragm to the 'ported' nipple at the top of the Holley carb I am running. I have static (idle) timing set at 11° BTDC. Just as...
  11. Duraspark II Distributor Issue

I do not know whether to post this here, as a tag-a-long, or whether to start a new thread. I have been running the Cardone 30-2671 distributor in lieu of the un-obtanium 30-2691 distributor for a couple of weeks now. To the tune of around 350 miles. I offer this up as my own personal...
  12. 1984 Bronco II - 2 Thermostats??? FIXED/RESOLVED Overheating Issue

A SHOUT-OUT and 2 thumbs up to Uncle Gump for all the help and guidance he has given to me since I joined this forum. (y)(y) Thank You, John
  13. 1984 Bronco II - 2 Thermostats??? FIXED/RESOLVED Overheating Issue

Hi, John here. I started a thread on Sept. 15 about my '84 Bronco II having 2 thermostats in it and that the engine was overheating/running hot. I have always liked it best when reading through forums, that if someone post up about a problem, once the problem has been resolved, another post be...
  14. Ignition cluster F***

Hey Uncle Gump, I have to play dumb here (actually I'm not playing dumb), I don't know how to access your profile to find your email??? Tips??? PS: I'm not against suggestions on what pics to take and what pertinent information to provide to lessen the pain for any future users of the...
  15. Ignition cluster F***

Hey Uncle Gump, I am actually all about helping others. Lord knows I have received enough of it myself. Would you be against me sending you any and all pertinent information and pics and you do the write-up with attached pics. You could set it up any way that you wanted to. I have no need for...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad