• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by crusin93

1. crusin93

This is not a problem I've seen in an a4ld.

I just picked up an unmolested 94' Explorer 4x4, with 160,xxx on the clock. This one is worth fixing. However, the a4ld is presenting a problem I've never run accross. It is in a forward gear no matter what the selector on the dash says. From a stop, in OD, It will run through 2,D,OD like...
  2. crusin93

The coolest Macsimizer Toolbox I've ever seen!

I've been an avid E-bayer since the early 2000's. I buy stuff and sell stuff, but rarely do I run accross something like this. Hence listing in general discussion. I think you'll find this deserving of a look.:icon_surprised: Edit: Be sure to read all the way down to questions and answers...
  3. crusin93

Explorer radiator swap into Ranger

I'm concerned with the cooling efficiency of my 87' 2.9 auto ranger 4x4. My radiator is old and crudy inside and out. Since I'm going to need a replacement very soon, I'd like to upgrade instead of just replacing the 1 core piece. Will a 2 core radiator from a early model (say 1993) Explorer 4.0...
  4. crusin93

Anyone paint vehicles for a living or hobby?

I'm a mechainc by trade but as of late I've turned to auto body work and fabrication to fill idle time. I know, not often do you do both but it's a fun and challenging set of skills to master. I enjoy a challenge, or a little bit of a beating. I'm almost finished with final blocking (320) of my...
  5. crusin93

Radiator Repair vs. Radiator Replacement?

No, not really feasible to repair plastic/alunimum radiators. The reason being they are cheap. Most radiator repair shops charge more for 1 hour of labor than it would cost to just replact the entire radiator yourself. Nothing special with removing the transmission cooler lines. Use a flare...
  6. crusin93

Need suggestions to rid a smelly interior.

This story begins a few years ago when my father purchased a 97' Caddy Deville for his retirement. It was used with about 60,000 on the clock. I had done regular maintence on the car for a year prior to the sale. Don't get me wrong here it was a very nice car. However, for those who don't know...
  7. crusin93

This is the first 4.6 I've seen in a RBV 4x4

Check this one out. Posted for those of us who can appreciate the work and time it takes to pull this off.:icon_welder: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/1665613775.html
  8. crusin93

1st gen Ranger with no park

Just curious to find if anyone else has this issue with the park pawl not engaging and what you did about it. My 87' 4x4 2.9 has never had park. I've owned it since 98'. I treat it like a manual and set the parking brake. I never think about it until I let someone else borrow it and explain what...
  9. crusin93

83' -89' 1 peice driveshaft swap information

1 peice driveshaft swap can be done in older 83'-89' Supercab Rangers. -Both the differential and transfer case flanges use 2.5'' bolt spacing. -It seems best to use a steel 1 peice driveshaft from a 98' or 99' supercab as the driveshaft diameter is such that no trimming of the skid plate is...
  10. crusin93

Jessica Simpson Got Big! (Late Show)

Okay, so flippin' channels and stumbled upon David Letterman. Jessica is a guest tonight. Somehow, I did not recieve the memo she let herself go. What happened? I guess the Tony Romo thing was hard on her... or something. Bring back the Dukes of Hazzard Jessica!! Please!!:icon_thumby: Delay in...
  11. crusin93

Uhhoh, another know-it-all Ford fanatic.

Hi all. Ford custom shop owner from the mid atlantic. Deal mostly with 1/4 and 1/8 mile fox mustang based hot rods. Looking to expand into the off road scene. Long time Ranger owner. Currently housing an 87 2.9 4x4 supercab and a 98 4.0 4x4 supercab, both automatics. Experence includes, but not...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad