• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Crosscut_Drifter

1. Crosscut_Drifter

Hollow Drum Sound From Air Filter Box 2.3L

Once that MAF is not sensing air flow, the engine dies. But its definitely coming from that air intake plumbing. Engine rpms go up after the sound as the steering wheel is turned enough to build pressure for power steering.
  2. Crosscut_Drifter

I'll try to check today. I mean, this isn't a serious issue, more of a curious one.
  3. Crosscut_Drifter

Oh, I know what your' saying. I'll have to try that later on.
  4. Crosscut_Drifter

I was thinking could it do with the power steering when initially engaged the engine management sucks in more air to prevent RPM drop? Maybe I'm not explaining it correctly. Its only when the steering wheel is moved enough, L or R, that the power steering would be called in.
  5. Crosscut_Drifter

Definitely from the plastic airbox into the engine. Anybody else have an explanation?
  6. Crosscut_Drifter

I'm taking it in tomorrow to get some stuff done to it on the hoist (fuel filter, parking brake, rear axle seal). We can do the same thing on the hoist and see what happens, but its definitely a hollow drum sound, not a clunk. Nothing wrong with the steering when driving.
  7. Crosscut_Drifter

Long story short is that when in park with engine running, rocking the steering wheel a few inches left and right of centre produces this sound. You can go from centre to the left and back again several times it will still do it. Centre to right and back several times, same results. We took...
  8. Crosscut_Drifter

The Ford Maverick is coming June 8th

Yeah, definitely not a dedicated hauler for sure. If you fill the bed to the top with sod , it'll be obvious at that time of what it can handle.
  9. Crosscut_Drifter

Both Ford/Hyundai look good in their own way. To me it would come down to overall versatility/value/fun factor.
  10. Crosscut_Drifter

Hyundai Santa Cruz has entered the chat....
  11. Crosscut_Drifter

That's a nice comparison. At least our "old" Rangers are RWD for hauling. FWD Maverick will payload how much before lifting the front wheels off the ground?
  12. Crosscut_Drifter

Had a Chevrolet Avalanche before. Great set up, but a pig on fuel (at the time I was doing a lot of highway driving).
  13. Crosscut_Drifter

The current "mid sized" trucks are as large as I'd want to go. I don't think the Maverick bed will be big enough. Which will mean less payload. Remember this? This Maverick would need to have some clever ideas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad