• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by crawlin91

1. crawlin91

Drag link?

1.5" o.d. X 0.25" wall DOM 3/4" or 7/8" heim with threaded tube adapters to fit 1" i.d. tube or buy a reamer and use one ton TREs instead
  2. crawlin91

Dana 30 Qs

you are doing a solid axle, knuckle, swap and gear change but you dont trust yourself to pick out a bolt?:eek:
  3. crawlin91

Sas dana 30

Get to reading. http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121521 http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125972 http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105470 http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92330...
  4. crawlin91

Rocky Mountain Ranger '92 SAS

1992 Ranger DD/wheeler/hunting and exploration rig. The 20 year old suspension is sagged out, the shocks are on their last leg and the 31" BFG ATs rub up front on bigger bumps. Time for a build up and some major improvements. Specs: 4.0, m50d, 1354E, standard cab long-box Current picture...
  5. crawlin91

Rockwell 2.5 Tons

^x1,000 although I have run 33"s on an 8" inch wide rim with no issues. Thornturds!! FTW!:headbang: This gets better and better.:D Yeah, I know, I read it already. Guess he didnt take your advice either. TRS has been good to me, even when I was a newb. Of course I wasnt asking questions...
  6. crawlin91

Rockwell 2.5 Tons

This should all be obvious but...If this is your first 4x4 ever than I suggest you slow down just a bit. Figure out exactly what you want to accomplish with your money, time, truck etc. Do some reading...books, service manuals, tech info, build threads, articles, etc. Google search. If you know...
  7. crawlin91

Rockwell 2.5 Tons

He is not a member here as far as I know. Found it on Pirate, some guy from Florida.
  8. crawlin91

Rockwell 2.5 Tons

This should at least get you started. Step one: Cut off back half of frame, attach several feet of exhaust tubing for sliders and a good strong base for a roll cage.;missingteeth; Setp two: place rockwell axle behind hacked up ranger
  9. crawlin91

Rockwell 2.5 Tons

Rockwells should bolt right up, although 35's are a little big, Id go 31's max unless you want to be replacing shafts everytime you go out.
  10. crawlin91

what coils to use???

any of the jeep xj lift coils should be about right running a dana 30...... .....and modify your coil buckets to retain the coils similar to a Jeep and you will have all the flex you need.
  11. crawlin91

Stubborn 8.8 C-clip removal with Detroit Truetrac

:icon_thumby:Finally got it tonight with a pair of strong magnets and several clamps holding the shaft to the backing plate.
  12. crawlin91

It will spin on, and/or with, the axle shaft but there is no room to push or pry the c clip off towards the pinion because it hits the enclosed truetrac body. I might end up calling Detroit's customer service line. Thanks for the quick replies.
  13. crawlin91

That may work, I tried to ratchet strap the axle tight onto/into the diff housing but that didnt move it enough. I also tried smacking the flange with a BFH to loosen up the seal some and using 3 C-clamps from the flange to the drum backing plate to press the shaft in but nothing works....I...
  14. crawlin91

I am having trouble removing the passenger side c-clip from an Explorer 8.8 axle. It is a '93 Explorer Drum brake 8.8. It has been regeared with a new carrier (Detroit Truetrac). The truetrac is essentially a solid body design with the helical gear limited slip internals hidden. This makes a...
  15. crawlin91

What axle shafts(U-Joints) are these?

Those look to me to be the larger size 5-297 u joints, the same that are used in Dana 35 and Dana 44 axles. If you can measure the diameter of the caps with a caliper to know for sure. If they measure 1 3/16" then I would say run them as is, If you are wheeling your truck hard then grab some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad