• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CraKel

1. CraKel

Rebuilt 302 Tune need help!!

Ok so after a few months of fiddling around the shop and only being home on weekends the engine is in, runs and got exhaust on the thing!! Now, only problem is that is sounds like ass at idle and when I put in in gear she wants to die on me. Carb is a hollley 4160 600cfm, vac 2nd, no-egr, and...
  2. CraKel

Electrical Help req'd

So were back again with another problem... I seem to have a major drain on my battery and I cant figure out where its coming from. Ill list a few things I've done or think it could be and would really appreciate some advice on what to do next. First things first. Replaced battery, C-tire said...
  3. CraKel

Y-Pipe Ideas?? 70's style exhaust manifolds

Hey guys, Looking for an easy way to mach up a y-pipe to fit my 302 exhaust manifolds to the slightly oem/custom dual stup I have on my ranger. I could go to the shop with it and get a custom one made, but just trying to save myself a trip to the shop with a very loud truck with only headers...
  4. CraKel

Oil pressure and Water temp

Hey, been reading on here and other ranger forums and have found a few different answers to the colour of the oem wiring for these gauges. Installed a 79' 302 and trying to hook up water temp and oil pressure switch gauges. Can someone please give me some factual information on wire colours so...
  5. CraKel

Fuel system help - Carb'd 302

Alright, so finally banged out most of this project in the last week or so at buds shop and was able to get the truck back home safe and sound. However I got it towed because Im running into a small problem with the fuel system.. I had a Mr. Gasket 12s elec pump and was gunna use that with...
  6. CraKel

Elec Pump (Mr. G 12s) Hook up Carb application

Ok so I know I have a path forward with the elec pump I bought by re routing the lines and taking out stock pump etc.. I believe baddad gave a pretty good post on how to do it. But Im looking for some other options with using the Mr. Gasket 12S pump. Is there any way I can just put this in...
  7. CraKel

Explorer 4.0L Rad - Std Rot WP Clearance

Hey guys, Ok so engine is seated and mounted. Got a 4.0L explorer rad but with the original pulley system (std rotation wp with dual belt crank) Im finding it near impossible to get this rad to fit. Using the stock mounts for rad it hits the nose of the water pump and thats without the...
  8. CraKel

carb302 throttle linkage to 94' Rngr

Ok guys, finally got the engine in and mounted! But my friend and I am having trouble deciding what to do on this damn throttle cable.. I have a newer style ranger 94' and it has the 2 pins and springs on the pedal side and a newer style cable which just looks like a mess to hook up compared to...
  9. CraKel

Transmission to driveshaft lengths

Hey guys, Just a quick question on transmission lengths. Im running an old FMX (only because it was mated to my 79' 302 and without problems) but I was wondering if anyone had tried to mate it to a stock driveshaft without mod's? Its longer than a C4 but is it the same length as a C6? Im...
  10. CraKel

A few last questions before Install

Hey guys, So finally my engine and trans package are complete. Almost 100% new parts on the engine (79' T-Bird 302) and FMX trans. Gunna be taking the drivetrain up to bud's shop the next few weeks to start the install. But still a few minor questions that need a little help with. Pretty...
  11. CraKel

Water pump rotation

79' 302 w original water pump.. Goin from vbelts to serpentine.. Can I keep the same pump or is it spinning the wrong way? Or does it matter. I already sealed the back of the pump up and im pretty sure the fan blades were angled so the water can only spin one way to reach the engine ya?
  12. CraKel

Balancer / Dampner Question

Ok, So finally got the 302 re-built.. Needed a new crank and lower end, so a full rebuilt it was! Finally piecing it all together and almost done but I have a foreign balancer and I cant seem to match the part# to anything online or with a dealer etc.. Its definitely not stock as the original...
  13. CraKel

FMX Yoke compatibility

I know I need to change my yoke on the driveshaft end of the ranger to a bigger yoke for the v8 tranny's.. But are the U joint sizes the same? If so what size is the fmx yoke and I think there are 3 different lengths I have found so far, does length matter? Thx, CK.
  14. CraKel

Heater doesnt blow air but fan operational..

Ok, so just got the ranger back out of storage last week. I knew I had a problem last year but opted to wait till spring to fix it. Im pretty sure my fan was intermittenly working last fall and now I have no fan power at any spot on the speed dial. I have checked alot of stuff and am still...
  15. CraKel

8.8" Trac-Lok Gears

Heya, So Im in need of a new set of spider gears for the 8.8 ranger L/S rear end, my 2 little clutches are worn something fierce.. Just wondering if there are any differences when buying them..more teeth, size etc.. and what if any differences they might have. I've looked online and cant...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad