• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cowboy Ranger

1. Cowboy Ranger

Recommend a double din radio & speakers??

I didn't realize at the time I ordered that stuff was getting hard to get. I did the rear camera and even though it's a regular cab, it's still darn handy to have.
  2. Cowboy Ranger

Ended up going with a Sony XAV-AX5500 and four Kicker 46CSC684. Stereo is awesome, but honestly I could've done without the speakers - not much of a difference from OEM. I'm happy with it all though and Crutchfield is awesome.
  3. Cowboy Ranger

Im not looking for anything more than a modern stereo equipment and backup camera upgrade for my 01’ regular cab. I understand there will be some hacking required to get a double din to fit. Can someone recommend brand / model # to get me headed in the best direction?
  4. Cowboy Ranger

Appropriate oil

At 125k in my 01' I've started running Mobil 1 High Mileage 5/20 full syn. Hoping the seal conditioners will buy me a few more years on the dripping rear main. https://www.mobil.com/en/lubricants/for-personal-vehicles/our-products/products/mobil-1-high-mileage-5w-20/
  5. Cowboy Ranger

Lower control arm bolt on 3. oh no......

Block of wood under the cat flange gotter done. Jack it up until you think something's going to pop and bolt slides right out.
  6. Cowboy Ranger

Lower control arm bolt on 3. oh no......

I'm replacing lower control arms on my 01' 2wd 3.0 this weekend - (coil spings). The passenger side rear bolt appears to be a no go with the exhaust being in the way. Anyone done this before with some words of wisdom?
  7. Cowboy Ranger

Coolant leak and pooched front oil pan gasket

Is it possible to pull the motor and transmission together? Or easier to just pull the motor?
  8. Cowboy Ranger

My RockAuto care package arrived. Fun for days................just need a long weekend to gitter done now.
  9. Cowboy Ranger

Still on the schedule to do this - I'm hoping two or three more weekends to get after it. I'm not driving it until then. Not looking forward to it, but has to be done and I'm not going to half way do it.
  10. Cowboy Ranger

Door hinge bushings

Up for the Sunday evening crowd.
  11. Cowboy Ranger

Door hinge bushings

Can you still get OEM bushings for an 01’ Ranger? I see the Dorman kits, but it looks like you have to drill the hinge bushing holes out larger. I don’t want to do that. Anyone done this?
  12. Cowboy Ranger

01' Steering wheel replacement

Got it replaced with the good used vinyl wheel and also replaced the cruise switches with a set of the $16 ones off eBay. Looks nice again.
  13. Cowboy Ranger

01' Steering wheel replacement

The leather wrapped wheel is sagging and squishy. I thought about trying my hand at the whole recovering thing, but I'm not sure I'm up for 3 hours of sewing. I took the leather wrap off my original wheel and yeah, it's just a gooey mess under there. It's worse than any grease I've ever tried...
  14. Cowboy Ranger

Ok the motor is coming out in a couple of weeks. Water pump, timing cover gasket, oil pan gasket, valve cover gaskets, intake gasket, front oil seal, hoses. What else while it’s handy??
  15. Cowboy Ranger

I think it's a pretty honest truck. Two prior owners - one to 30k miles and the second to 119k miles. I have a lot of the service history and nothing seems sketchy. It was only driven about 3-5k miles / year for the past umpteen years, so I can believe either a bad wp or front cover leak. I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad