• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by corerftech

1. For Sale 2001 GT40P heads with cast iron manifolds, 51000 orig miles

I am breaking down on the drag truck project and buying aluminum heads, custom manifolds. My donor engine is a 2001 Explorer engine that left the road at 51000 miles in 2005 and was stored since. heads are still on block. Valve covers not removed yet. $400 plus shipping what you get: valve...
  2. Wanted 1990 ranger 2.3l factory AC compressor bracket with bolts

Please and thank you. PM with what you have available. Factory installed AC bracket, not any aftermarket parts please.
  3. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Following up on 6000 miles after “resurrection” of the 2001 Explorer 5.0 Wife’s uncle in Louisiana is passing, like in hours or days. Made a 1000 mile round trip leaving Sunday and coming home tonight to say goodbye. Most economical, most comfortable car is still the 2001 Exploder 5.0 with now...
  4. 4.6L info needed?

1998 f150, 4.6, 185k. Oil consumption is virtually nil (max half quart per 5k mile oil change owned since 71k, proper oil changes, commuter driven. slick 50 or similar run every 3rd oil change since 100k. Biggest problem was coke buildup in egr circuits. Complete obstruction. Engine still...
  5. 8.8 28 spline gear set fit 8.8 31 spline carrier

I might have an interest in the 3.96 R&P leftovers if I’m good condition. Remington115, please pm me if you would and let me know what your plans are for the gear set.
  6. Math check for narrowing an Explorer 8.8, real narrow, not the junkyard axle swap narrowing!

Torino ends ONLY match 97-01 Explorer 5.0, 31 spline rear ends. It is a unique situation. All conversation on this subject pertains only to the 97-01 5.0L explorer rear end. If comparing to any other explorer rear, it’s an error. Strange, QP, Moser all sell late Torino new model ends...
  7. Math check for narrowing an Explorer 8.8, real narrow, not the junkyard axle swap narrowing!

Don, thanks for the reply. Not in a particular order: Yes torino F9 inch big bearing ends being added, their offset/change in housing length per side would be factored into the shortening/removal of housing material. Its moot. Washes out in the shortening process and isnt worthy of factoring...
  8. Math check for narrowing an Explorer 8.8, real narrow, not the junkyard axle swap narrowing!

Work and life have prohbited me form spending much of any time on my v8 ranger project. Today was good, I got to mock hang my Explorer 8.8 (31 spline) with the actual tires and wheels. I need to get ride height correct as the truck is getting an MII front end and the ride height must be set at...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1990 Ranger 2.3L A/C replacement

Second on Rock Auto for that engine.
  10. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

I have a NIB 7.5 Trac Loc clutch pack avail for sale. If you are planning to freshen your 7.5 TL clutch stack, please reach out. Heretofore If I have a 7.5 that needs posi, Ill be adding a mini spool instead. I also have ball joints and front suspension parts (energy bushings), I uncovered a...
  11. For Sale Lots of 1987 Ranger steering/suspension parts FS, NIB Pics added

JerrySab, I expect your either after the "windshield" wiper gear train inside the cowl or the electric wiper switch. But you didnt say switch so I am expecting machine parts, from motor to wiper blade. In any case, wipers are ready for deletion on this cab and Im happy to send pics. if your...
  12. Newer (90's) versus Older (80's) Ranger fuel economy

1990 Frankentruck Bastardized by a resident of Mississippi before me. De-bastardized as best possible after acquisition. 2.3, OE everything. Dual plug. No AC (ala Bubba) Unknown gear, haven’t serviced the carrier yet) 5sp Very high mileage JYD replacement engine, 87 octane, religiously gets 22...
  13. Wanted Passenger side windshield wiper arm linkage

if you still need this, I have one. PM me Mike

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad