• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ConnieGallas

1. Truck stays running after diconnecting the IAC valve.

Do I know this is a vacuum leak somewhere. I'm fairly confident it's leaky around the throttle plate because I just took the upper manifold off and thouroghly cleaned it and all the related components, including the throttle body. I learned from s different thread that the throttle plate has a...
  2. '96 4.0 v6 idle fluctuates

I have checked and double checked all my hoses and fittings everything appears good.Ive heard of a smoke trick for detecting leaks.I guess someone blows cigar or cigarette smoke into the vacuum hose that is connected to the brake boostér, then if there are any leaks, the smoke will escape from...
  3. '96 4.0 v6 idle fluctuates

Continuing from my, idle fluctuates... I replaced the IAC valve and the problem remains. While waiting for my new valve to arrive, I diconnected the wire harness from the current IAC valve. I have been happy running without it connected as I am not running or idling at such high rpms. Any...
  4. '96 4.0 v6 idle fluctuates

Shouldn't the PCM put up a code?
  5. '96 4.0 v6 idle fluctuates

Actually I replaced it about a year ago.
  6. '96 4.0 v6 idle fluctuates

I just removed the IAC, throttle body and upper intake plenum and cleaned all the carbon build up off. That fixed the problem I was having with it taking 3-5minutes to idle down to 1100 rpm everytime I started it. Now it takes 1-2 minutes to find it's idle speed at 900-1000rpm but once it is put...
  7. What is this?

Excellent, I figured it was related to my climate control. Wasn't sure what to call it.
  8. What is this?

What is the plastic ball shaped part in my engine compartment. It has 2 vacuum lines. And what is its purpose?
  9. Excessive carbon buildup

I got a code referring to my IAC valve, so I removed it for cleaning. And boy, it sure was dirty.which led me to see how it got so dirty.after looking inside my intake manifold thru the throttle plate,I can't believe the amount of carbon build up. Now what I want to know is, what causes this...
  10. Connie, Mazda b4000

Hi I'm fairly new to this site. I've had my 96 mazda for about 5 years and absolutely love it. She's no beauty queen which is fine with me cause I use my truck like a truck is made to be used. I've learned alot of this few years as I do most of my own repairs. (I've worn out 2 Chilton's from...
  11. conniegallas4@gm

conniegallas4@gm
  12. B series, no power to fuel pump.

Thank you, I have no idea how this site works but I'm hoping to gain some good knowledge. And possibly share some too.
  13. B series, no power to fuel pump.

I think I figured it out.the ECU and the PCM. are the same part. If that's correct then it's on my firewall, dead center and almost same height as the dash. Gonna pull it out tomorrow. See about ordering a replacement. Hopefully it gets here fast.Im anxious to try out my new tires. Thanks for...
  14. B series, no power to fuel pump.

Recently I've been having engine cranks but won't start. I've done all the basic troubleshooting. I have no power to my fuel pump.The inertia switch is also not getting power. I've checked all my fuses and tested both sides of the relays,power and control,they are working properly. I think I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad