• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Clumzi

1. Clumzi

Still can't do the engine running CEL test

So truck is giving me 18, 33 and 88 CEL codes (KOEO). Truck won't do the KOER (engine running) test. The tester beeps once then flashes 98 (meaning can't run the test) over and over again. I recently replaced the EEC relay hoping that would help. Didn't. I had the ICM checked at autozone...
  2. Clumzi

Rough country leveling coils + coil spacers?

So the back end has 2" shackles, brand new leaf springs and coilover shocks. Front just has the Rough Country leveling coils (1.5" I believe). Would I do any harm adding something like these.... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sps-1819/overview/year/1991/make/ford/model/ranger What's with...
  3. Clumzi

KOER test spit a 98 "cannot be performed"

Title says most of it. Truck couldn't do the engine running test w/ the code scan tool. So, even weirder (maybe), now the truck won't do the KOEO test. Plugged the code scanner in set on 'hold', turned the key to on but not running, flipped the switch to test.... and nothing. Hmm. Started...
  4. Clumzi

Electrical fan wiring for the mentally impaired

I removed my mechanical fan and replaced it with a 16" electric fan mounted to my radiator. In the past I've wired e fans on an old motorcycle and in a Toyota Van but both of those were wired to toggle switches and directly to the battery. I'd like to wire this fan a bit more classy. I want...
  5. Clumzi

Any more little tweeks for a bit more umph?

Alright. I'll get all the best suggestions out of the way first. 1) Drive downhill (my favorite :)) 2) Push it off a cliff 3) 302 swap 4) turbo Now. Moving on. I've re-geared (3.08 to 3.73 l/s and I really wish I'd gone 4.10 or even higher but... oh well), K&N, high flow cat and exhaust...
  6. Clumzi

Ummm... weird. Why can't I search for 'EGR'?

Perhaps this isn't the right place to post this but I'm trying to search this forum for 'EGR' and it says nothing comes up. Hmm. Searched all forums - says no results. So what gives? I'm sure there've been LOTS of questions about the EGR valve.
  7. Clumzi

Truck spit out 6 engine codes - help sorting out what's what

Howdy howdy So got a code checker for Christmas and finally got around to using it. It spit the following codes; 14 18 33 41 51 88 I reset the codes per the instructions in the book and they come right back. This is from the KOEO test and they are all continuous memory codes. 14 is a...
  8. Clumzi

Howdy :)

So hello hello. Just signed up but I've been trolling this and other Ranger forums for a while. Was posting over at the Ford Ranger Forums for a while, decided to try a different flavor of forum :). I'll set up my sig w/ all truck info before my next post.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad