• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by chilsam

1. chilsam

Full time swap out

Has any one swapped out their full time transfer case for a part time?:icon_confused: Mines doing the explorer shudder when warm in turns.98 5.0 Explorer ...LUV IT!:yahoo: THANX!
  2. chilsam

98 Explorer

Just bought a 98 Explorer 5.0 n VERY HAPPY but when it warms up from driving it kinna shudders in turns when taking off from a dead stop not when cold or when going straight even hot:icon_confused:I'm THINKN AWD transfer case issue:dunno:????? THANX!
  3. chilsam

T-5 tranny

behind a SVO turbo 2.3 has anyone done this with a transfer case and if so which one? "Divorced NP 205 2 heavy" Wanting it for on road mostly "SNOW" sub contracting for rural route mail delivery in a bronco II.THANX!:icon_welder:
  4. chilsam

WANTED: Mosin Nagant M-91/30

K-Y imports they are in kentucky that's where I got my slr-101 AKA Bularian AK-47 VERY GOOD PRICES!:yahoo:
  5. chilsam

Rite thread? Mercruiser 470

Has this swap been done? The +'s aluminum block any 429,460 head CJ,SCJ,PI or aluminum and CJ connecting rods & 4 barrel intakes available.The -'s bellhousing would have to be fabbed or adapted and possibly cooling sys and the $ .May be alot of work but if it could be done these things would be...
  6. chilsam

2.0 head on ebay

Remanufactured $25.00 as of now #160749675453 :icon_thumby:
  7. chilsam

PLEASE HELP WITH COOLANT bubbling out of reservoir tank

Thermostate some have a BLEED hole in them is mounted in the right "O'CLOCK" position?:icon_confused:
  8. chilsam

Cam timing

What are the symptoms of cam being out of time by one tooth? I'm trying to decide if it's this,ignition or possible clogged catalytic converter :icon_confused: THANX!
  9. chilsam

Mild drop and rides like crap!

Had to cut the bump stops down on the 89 3" drop made a diff.Not illegals just slave labor for republicans and southern democrats! LOL:icon_cheers:
  10. chilsam

Surge

Got the 87 2.3 manual with a 87 Mustang 2.3 T5 manual fired up problem is it starts and idles GREAT but after about 5 mins the idle surges up in RPM's.If I shut it down and restart it idles fine for about 10 seconds then surges again.I'm thinking bad sensor? Air in cooling system? Any idea's...
  11. chilsam

Good deal yes or know?

I was at a friend of mines shop borrowing a metric tap told him it was to tap out the 95 header flange on my 87 2.3 ranger and he asked me if id be interested in a turbod 2.3 out of a t-bird he thought.We went over and he pulled off the tarp and there sat the motor "complete" & T5 tranny I...
  12. chilsam

fuel pump not engaging

87 ranger manual tranny I can prime it with ether and it fires right up,when I turn the key on I can here the relay click but no pump noise? The inertia switch is set.Are the 2 pumps hooked up to the same circuit? If 1 or both are bad can I replace the low pressure pump in the tank with 1 from a...
  13. chilsam

oil level senser

Swapped a mustang 2.3 in place of a roachd ranger 2.3 kept the stang oil pan on it,do I leave the oil level senser wire disconnected or ground it out? Iv looked thru the forums and I know its been discussed but I cant find it.THANX!:dunno:
  14. chilsam

valve train

Does any1 know if 2.9 rockers and rocker shafts & pushrods will work on the 4.0?:dunno: THANX!
  15. chilsam

Mustang 2.3 & T5 tranny

Lucked out and a friend GAVE me a 87 2.3 with 5 speed ranger,his brother swapped in a 87 mustang 2.3 with a T5 transmission. I have to figure out witch system to use the mustangs bell housing is mechanical only should I fab up a bracket for a "hyd" slave cyl or adapt the mustangs mech "cable"...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad