• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Chapap

1. Chapap

Suicidal thoughts...

Same here. 3 years and all is well.
  2. Chapap

Door hinge squeak: 3-in-1 vs fancy silicone

I'm planning on new hinges altogether. The occasional oiling is just so I don't wake the neighbors in the meantime :LOL:. I was just surprised how ineffective the silicone was.
  3. Chapap

Door hinge squeak: 3-in-1 vs fancy silicone

I say fancy silicone... it's probably regular stuff, but the 3-in-1 oil is like WD40 in its use. I got some spray silicone for the garage door and figured it'd be great for the squeaky 30 year old truck doors. Nope. It improved a little for a day, but that's it. The 3-in-1 oil eliminates squeak...
  4. Chapap

Do modern cars learn driving habits?

I used to have an 80 something LeSabre. When driven like a Buick, it was beautiful. It seemed like it ran very low RPM and was very reluctant to downshift.
  5. Chapap

I've driven some cars in the past that, when I'd gun it, it would downshift, think about it, downshift, think, etc until it was happy with a gear. Granted that was probably a very dumb/simple algorithm. A learning trans might be quicker to downshift for a sporty driver and happy to keep a higher...
  6. Chapap

I think I've heard of some luxury car brands learning the owner's driving habits. The main thing I can think of where this would be useful is transmission behavior... adjusting for granny or lead footed driving. It doesn't seem like it'd be all that difficult for basically every modern car to...
  7. Chapap

Truckspotters

That gorgeous. Looks like a 40's body with an extra set of doors and a custom bed? Wonder what it is underneath.
  8. Chapap

Truckspotters

Don’t know that I’ve ever noticed a steep side F150 of this era. Are these common?
  9. Chapap

Using tools the WRONG WAY

Wait... I read that to mean with a drill bit in the chuck. That's the thread winner if so. Do you just mean using a drill as an impact? That's all I do. I've never tried an impact cause the drill seems to do just fine for my DIY purposes... except for the few times I need the 1/2" impact. There...
  10. Chapap

I always say jerry-rig... though I've heard older generations refer to it as another type of -rig.
  11. Chapap

This is my record. A shot bearing was holding the rotor on tight.
  12. Chapap

What did YOU do today?

Finally opened my tierods after waiting a couple months for the weather to cool. If anyone ordered a case of grease from RA and only got a single tube, I have your case.
  13. Chapap

2.3L ('83-'97) Sites to buy parts?

The 3 I use are RA, Carid, and Summit... and of course ebay and amazon it I know the part number. RA is byfar the most likely source for the right part and occasionally the other two will have/know something that RA doesn't. OEM bolts will be tough. Right now I'm looking for 2wd front rotor dust...
  14. Chapap

school me on air rifles

Another thing to consider. I’m fairly certain that spring guns require specific “spring-rated” optics. They will damage a “regular” scope, So you can’t repurpose the $1000 scope from your Sako.
  15. Chapap

school me on air rifles

If I was real serious about it, I'd go PCP (pre-charged pneumatic). Springers require a delicate hold of the rifle- pretty much opposite from all other technique teachings. The spring accelerates then abruptly stops before the pellet leaves the barrel. I balance mine on a beanbag so every shot...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad