• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Chapap

1. Chapap

Bed topper/camper shell/cap with tool boxes

Are you taking about something like this? It seems like a good idea. These are super pricey tho. Wonder if wood can handle such a long drawer. On that note, wonder if a wood latter rack would work.
  2. Chapap

Think I’ll stick with the ladder rack. I don’t need tool storage bad enough to encroach on bed space. FB marketplace is going downhill like Craigslist tho. Tough to get a response. Looks like they added a shipping option and a “buy now” button that no one knows how to use. Tons of ads with $5...
  3. Chapap

I’m thinking what I really need is a plain ol ladder rack and a tarp if I have sensitive stuff in the bed, but I really like the idea of these camper shells with tool boxes on the side (tool box is a must). That looks like a super handy toolbox location, but It seems that a camper shell makes...
  4. Chapap

Engine Control Module- So many options?

Is there a trick to getting the connector off? I tried unscrewing the bolt and it feels like the nut behind it is spinning in its housing. No budging from the connector
  5. Chapap

I didn’t type fast enough. See my edit in my previous post.
  6. Chapap

Well looks like that’s the only option. Mine most likely is original. What do folks do if they suspect a previous owner put the wrong module in, or the sticker rubbed off or something? Edit: just got off the phone with my dealer. They were still able to look up my calibration, engineering, and...
  7. Chapap

2.3L ('83-'97) Set timing without cam sensor

Interesting. I never would have thought that was done, but I guess it’s the only way to do it without a cam sensor. Since there’s half a dose of gas in the intake during the combustion stroke, could a leaky intake valve cause odd problems?
  8. Chapap

2.3L ('83-'97) Set timing without cam sensor

Everything I’ve read says that it doesn’t matter if you have the intake or exhaust stroke identified because the valves determine that. It made sense to me but I never felt good about it. I finally realized why. How do the injectors know when to fire if you don’t have a cam sensor? If you’re off...
  9. Chapap

ECT Temperature Pigtail Adapter

Won’t be able to find it again anytime soon, but when I was researching timing belt replacement, I came across a thread talking about how the oil pump was crank driven for a while. My aux gear was quite free spinning.
  10. Chapap

Fortunately Those are just on Cali trucks. Mine’s just an idler wheel. Doesn’t even drive the oil pump.
  11. Chapap

There seems to be several types of ECMs available. I imagine there’s 4 basic types: California or fed emission, and Auto or manual. But there’s several different codes I’m finding within those four categories. Is there a way to figure out what I need without pulling mine to get the numbers...
  12. Chapap

Already replaced that, sensor, and valve. MAF and intake temp sens too. Edit: Ignition control module is a thing too. Doesn’t quite fit my symptoms I think tho.
  13. Chapap

Not really. That has crossed my mind, but you are the first to bring it up. I was under the impression that computer failures would manifest in a much more dramatic manner.
  14. Chapap

Well I still have the same problems so I’m not going to worry with changing the connector. I did wind up damaging the old sensor during removal, so I ordered a Delphi with the correct connector. And just to reiterate my problem for the 93rd time on the forum… I intermittently get running rich...
  15. Chapap

Below is a picture of what I purchased. This is the only motorcraft option. Some aftermarket sensors on RA have this connector too. Below is a sensor that that car wants to see. This Is the connector that I need to solder to the one in the previous kit to make an adaptor. I cannot find a...