• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cees Klumper

1. Cees Klumper

Help please - intermittent stall - now solved (I think!)

That's what I was thinking also. The stalling is instantaneous, no stumbling or struggling then dying. It does sometimes want to 'run on' but generally it's like flicking a switch. I replaced distributor, TFI, coil, ignition switch on the steering column, but of course there's lots more to the...
  2. Cees Klumper

I tried that just now, and with the jumper removed from the inertia switch connector the pump does not prime. I haven't checked whether maybe the pump is energized when I start the engine (yesterday it did start and run for a bit while I was testing this same scenario) but maybe it's possible...
  3. Cees Klumper

I just checked and when I turn the key on the fuel pump runs for about a second and a half, then stops (if I don't then start the engine, I imagine). This has been consistent since I bought the truck - so apparently it's 'as designed' except for its ability to run without inertia switch...
  4. Cees Klumper

Thanks bobbywalter. The area where the inertia switch is located in my truck is very dry, and the switch, connector and everything around it looks like new. But, when I was tinkering with it yesterday, right after the stalling occurred again, I did notice that the switch was very hot to the...
  5. Cees Klumper

Thanks RobbieD. What's interesting to note, though, is that, a few years ago, I hit someone's trailer hitch which triggered the inertia switch, killed the engine as designed and I could not start the engine until I pressed the re-set button on top of the switch. So at least at that point all...
  6. Cees Klumper

Well I spoke too soon. As I wrote right above, on Dec 24, I picked up the truck from the shop who said they fixed the stalling by addressing a vacuum leak and fitting the new distributor, I took it for several test drives over the past few days and, when in over 5 trips totaling some 50 miles it...
  7. Cees Klumper

Distributor acts like REV LIMITER

Maybe a long shot, but could it be a vacuum leak somewhere that gets worse as the engine heats up? I had that recently, due to poor seal at the intake manifold.
  8. Cees Klumper

What's your truck's name?

I always refer to the Bronco II as 'the Bronco'. As opposed to 'the blue Volvo' or 'the grey Volvo' or 'the Lancia'.
  9. Cees Klumper

Forgot to mention that the shop also put in a new distributor that I supplied - so the cure might have also been the new pickup module inside the distributor. So it was either the vacuum leak under the intake manifold or the pickup module imside the distributor.
  10. Cees Klumper

Bronco won't stay alive

Ignition switch is definitely a possible cause, I found out during my own oddysey with symptoms similar to yours. I replaced mine however the old one was fine, and in my case the cause of my intermittent stalling was (most likely) a vacuum leak under the intake manifold. Hope both of our Bronco...
  11. Cees Klumper

This hopefully final update. As I was running out of skill, ideas and time (we moved from Marina del Rey/LA to De Luz / Temecula closer to San Diego last week) I took the Bronco II to a garage in Santa Monica that specializes in older mostly muscle cars, first gen Broncos and the like. On the 4...
  12. Cees Klumper

2.9L Head Gasket replacement

Just bolted them on out of the box. Stock exhaust manifolds. This is just a Bronco II so just happy to be cruising along.
  13. Cees Klumper

2.9L Head Gasket replacement

No issues at all, heads have been flawless, engine has noticably more power with the new heads so the set I got was 100%
  14. Cees Klumper

Thanks for the words of encouragement/ @rusty ol ranger I did, I think/hope, test that resistor, it read 22.5K ohm - so that seems good as the spec I read in one of the code 18 threads said it should be between 20K and 25K ohms.
  15. Cees Klumper

Just read this thread on our own forum here, that's on point. Seems it may be caused by interference coming from coil/spark plug wires affecting the signal/wave form from the TFI/ignition wires going to the ECU. Makes sense, even for a total novice like me. Since I manipulated so many...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad