• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cdawall

1. cdawall

leaf sprung dana 44

The ford and jeep axle are the same spline count. Leaf spring swaps are easy just need the crossmember in the front.
  2. cdawall

Dana 60 30 to 35 spline

quite a bit ill grab a tape measure tomorrow and compare it with the front d60 and my superduty's front d60. It was an 1-1.5" if memory serves right. The d70u's have more clearance than an old school d60 for perspective.
  3. cdawall

Dana 60 30 to 35 spline

I would dump the old style d60 and get a d60u. Boring spindles out sucks and clearance wise those o es suck.
  4. cdawall

skeptical about a used rear.

No it has axle shafts inside of it. As for the nissans blowing d44's I still don't trust one behind a reasonable v8 there is a reason ford only put the 8.8 in the v6 and 4.6l trucks I bet the 5.4l would smoke them.
  5. cdawall

Nope but it has an arb in it making it simple enough to swap to a 1.5" 35 spline shaft and 8.9" ring gear. That makes it on of the stronger high clearance rears out there.
  6. cdawall

Its going to depend on the d44 for stength. Nissan equips an 8.9 ring gear and 32 spline shaft model in their titan that is bigger and stronger than the 8.8" f150's have stock for stock. The shafts in the rubicons might be weaker but it won't be by much. They also have the 8.9" ring gear.
  7. cdawall

Military BFG Baja T/A's 37's are radials. The only 16.5" military bias plys are 36x12.50's and most of those are gone. As for the 8.9" ring gear for a d44...here. Make sure to look on pirate for the how to on installing 8.9" jk ring gears in a normal housing.
  8. cdawall

Just run the d44 with the locker. If your nervous about strength look into swapping for a jk d44 gear set and there is a company that can rebuild the arb for 35 spline shafts. Considering you are only running radial 37's mostly on the street I wouldnt worry much.
  9. cdawall

I wouldn't say way stronger...no cclips in the d44 possibility of an 8.9" ring gear 35 spline shafts etc.
  10. cdawall

A 31 spline 8.8" isn't exactly a weak axle compared to a d44 more of a side grade than an upgrade.
  11. cdawall

I wouldn't buy a D44, but that's just me.
  12. cdawall

Dana 30 swap info for all

D30, track bar (panhard), control arms, crossmember, coils, front driveshaft (possibly), brake lines (possibly), steering.
  13. cdawall

6.8L engine swap

Been amassing the parts to swap a 6.8L V10 into my 2005. So far from what I have seen online size wise the motor should fit. Couple of examples of the 5.4L fitting without cutting the firwall. The 6.8L just adds 4" in the front over the 5.4L and it ends up being shorter than the 302 from the...
  14. cdawall

Thinking about a solid axle swap for my truck...

The unit bearings are not exactly super weak they handle a lot more abuse than the OEM and most aftermarket D35 hubs.
  15. cdawall

Thinking about a solid axle swap for my truck...

Doesn't matter load wise they both have the same shafts and bearings. Ring and pinion will only help the transfer of power from motor to wheels it has nothing to do with the load carrying ability of the axle. On the semi floater 7.5 and 8.8" that is carried by and identical set of bearings and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad