• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CAW

1. 5R55E Transmission jerking repeatedly

Over the past week my truck has been having an issue which I can only assume is transmission related. When I drive at 50-60mph the truck will jerk several times, as if it is trying to shift gears and can't decide which gear to shift into. This only happens when shifting to a higher gear and not...
  2. Low idle after start, runs fine

I have had an extremely difficult to diagnose idle issue that has been ongoing for years. It doesn't happen always but seems to be getting more severe recently. The truck is a 1997 4.0 ohv with 160k miles. When I start the truck it will start without any problem. But after it starts The rpm...
  3. IAC leak smoke test

I have been having some trouble codes in cold weather p0171 and p0174. I know these codes are indicative of a lean condition. I decided to do some troubleshooting to find any possible vacuum leaks. So I built a smoke leak test machine out of a paint can, a glow plug and an air compressor. It...
  4. AC cutoff relay won't let compressor engage

Hi, My wide open throttle relay won't let the compressor engage. Occasionally the compressor will engage for a instant but won't stay on. I have checked the system pressure and it is in the normal range. The AC has worked intermittently with this problem in the past. So, i think that the AC...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad