• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Captain Ledd

1. Captain Ledd

Adding heated seats? (dealing with the velcro?)

Looking to add some heat to some 1997 Ranger seats. But all the pads I've found are about 11-12" wide. The problem is, on the cloth seats, there's two strips of some hardcore velcro that are 9" between them (11" to the outside edges) running from front to back (on both the seat and the...
  2. Captain Ledd

RUBBER Body Mounts - Compatibility?

Honestly, I'm perfectly ok with spending $300+, if that'll last another 10-15 years and another 150,000 miles this truck will be 33/38 years old with close to 400,000 on it. Assuming no catastrophic incidents it'll be time for a full rotisserie at that point.
  3. Captain Ledd

2-3 hour trips are pretty much going to be the typical trip use for this truck. With several longer ones thrown in there too, 8-10 hours. Even my normal commute to/from work is 45 minutes. With converting to 4x4, I'm not looking for a corner carver. Truthfully it sees almost all highway use...
  4. Captain Ledd

When I checked LMC truck they only offered poly replacements. 85Ranger, did yours feel similar to what would be considered OEM rubber? Maybe it's just the ones I've looked at?
  5. Captain Ledd

Frame swapping my '97, having a HECK of a time finding new body mounts. Not the bracket part, the rubber doughnut parts and hardware. Both mine and the donor's are all cracked/exploded/too-hard/or missing. I've tried a polyurethane set and I immediately sent it back. Some of you have heard...
  6. Captain Ledd

Locking hub delete?

When you're trying to get that custom, one-off look, you end up doing a lot of custom, one-off work. Not sue if the hubs could be hidden, but possibly have the end machined off and some of the internal parts welded together or bushed/splined/pinned together to the housing for a permanent 4wd...
  7. Captain Ledd

BIG NEWS!! TRS will be adding a vehicle to the fleet!!

*shakes head and groans* That's some bull :poop: Jim...
  8. Captain Ledd

BIG NEWS!! TRS will be adding a vehicle to the fleet!!

Maybe he worked something out with Ford and picked up that Ranger Sea Splash?
  9. Captain Ledd

Manual HUB Locknut Wheel Bearing woes

Welding is not an option unfortunately.
  10. Captain Ledd

Manual HUB Locknut Wheel Bearing woes

Along with the other suggestions I should add, that outer locknut has been known to back off as well! Though I've heard the torque is normally closer to 170ft-lbs a number of people recommend 200 or even 220 if you can muster that with the torque wrench.
  11. Captain Ledd

Wheel Bearing Repair kits?

While I've never used a "repair kit", I have replaced that bearing. For that matter, I'm not sure what a kit would repair? That being said, the main axle seal should most definitely be on the outside facing the flange, with the bearing behind it closer to the differential, not-visible because...
  12. Captain Ledd

need some help

I'm sure you would be ok. You wheel bearings however, will suffer greatly and will concede to very short,untimely deaths.
  13. Captain Ledd

need some help

Yeah, the link I posted. It comes with a new knuckle, for reasons unknown. Likely because 5" is a pretty substantial lift for an IFS setup. As for tires, my friend has some Duratrac's on his Jeep TJ, and they did really well up in the U.P. in some good mud. Maybe a bit more of a really...
  14. Captain Ledd

need some help

Huh, apparently the 5" Rough Country lifts DO need 17" wheels. https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-suspension-lift-kit-43130.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxO-c4MDv4AIVaR-tBh3b8Ai5EAQYASABEgKMPPD_BwE So offroading, deep mud? Rocks? basic trails? Do you still want to spend a lot of time on the highway?
  15. Captain Ledd

need some help

Rims are well... kinda up to you, it's the look you want on your truck. Most wheel sites will have a search, the link below is a Ranger wheel guide that is in the tech library: https://therangerstation.com/tech_library/wheel_fitment.shtml Now tires, we need a bit more information. With a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad