• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Camo Ranger

1. Camo Ranger

Crossmember rotted off frame

Hey everyone, Doing some work underneath the ranger the other day when I happened to look up and notice that the crossmember running underneath the front of the bed has rotted completely off the frame on one side. The other side isn't much better and looks as if its about to go as well. Now...
  2. Camo Ranger

ABS Issue

Hey everyone, 99, 3.0 L, 4X4 I've been searching through past threads about this issue and it seems that many have experienced the same problem but no one has posted a definite fix. My problem is this that when I go to stop (<5mph), my ABS kicks on right before you would expect the truck to...
  3. Camo Ranger

Need to buy Camshaft Synchronizer/Position Sensor

Hey everyone, its about time I get around to replacing my camshaft synchronizer and position sensor. At 135,xxx I've pushed my luck as far as I want to. And of course I want to replace them with motorcraft parts. So I started looking around, and it seems that ford has two different model...
  4. Camo Ranger

Fuel Line Question

Went to change my fuel filter the other day and could not get the filter off the line running from the tank to the filter. Tried the metal tools and the plastic ones. Nothing. So the truck ended up having to go into the dealership anyway for an unrelated issue, so I asked them to do it. The guy...
  5. Camo Ranger

Engine shaking at slight throttle

So, this morning I get off the highway and stop at a set of lights. The truck felt like it was running a little rough, but nothing that caused me any alarm. Then when I go to take off from the light the truck starts to shake something terrible. However, once I got it up past about 2000 RPM, the...
  6. Camo Ranger

Tuck ain't runnin right, could use some advice...

Well my cyberspace friends, like many on this site, I've got an issue and sure could use some advice from those out there that are a little more mechanically inclined than myself. So I'm driving from my house to my gf's tonight (about an 8 minute ride). I'm puttin along going about 40mph when...
  7. Camo Ranger

Is it wrong to love a truck?

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi from Southeastern MA. A little about me is that I'm 20 years old and am currently a junior in college. Before I bought my ranger I had a 98, 2X4 toyota tacoma. The toyota was my dad's idea even though he drives an F-250. He had a tacoma 4X4 when he was younger...
  8. Camo Ranger

Need some advice on a brake controller...

Hey everyone. I was hoping I could get some advice on what brake controller to buy. I know there are a lot of brands out there, and everyone has there favorite. I'll be looking to tow a small horse trailer (about 2500 lbs) with two axles. I don't know whether to go with a proportional or...
  9. Camo Ranger

Belt squeal

Hey this is my first post on TRS but I've been a fan for a while now and I've read through a ton of forums on here for advice. I was hoping someone could give me some advice with an certain annoying issue I have... I bought my truck a year ago this past september. Once the weather started...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad