• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cammeddrz

1. cammeddrz

The parable of the pizza place

This is a story that actually happened to me locally, involving off road "product", it was so ludicrous i had to share it. I have changed the specifics to be a pizza place analogy. I have been "buying pizza" for 8 years from various places locally, and nationally. I walk into a local...
  2. cammeddrz

2000 explorer column into 1990

Anyone have experience swapping a 2000 explorer column into a 1990 bronco ii? As part of my 4.0 SOHC swap, i was thinking of swapping the donor rig's column into my 1990 bronco ii to help with the PATS Is it a huge song and dance to swap? Or does it go right in? Will i need to swap the...
  3. cammeddrz

putting 2.9 A4LD into explorer help

A buddy of mine has 2 1990 bronco ii a4ld trannies, and his 1993 explorer just dropped a Trans. I know the ex uses a different a4ld, with an additional solenoid or two. So it stands to reason that an older ECM lacks the controls for these an additional solenoids, so it won't work. But in...
  4. cammeddrz

Anybody ever use a Sterling 10.25?

In a recent issue of Petersen's they did a writeup on how to build one, the various model/year differences, and how it compares to its nearest counterpart (the gm 14bolt) if I am remembering correctly, apparently there are a total of (3) different pinion options (and thusly 3 different types...
  5. cammeddrz

Jeep D35

I read a guy on BroncoII.org who did it. I think it was "Powersrkr" i'll see if I can dig it up
  6. cammeddrz

Jeep D35?

I must apologize, I was basing my statement on real-world experience, as opposed to "on-paper" physics of spline angles or whatever. I stand by what I said: a d44, and 8.8 are roughly the same real-world strength the difference isn't wide enough to justify such a grand statement as "arguably...
  7. cammeddrz

Jeep D35?

I disagree, an 8.8 is not "arguably stronger than a D44". it's not really any weaker either in fact a D44 has an 8.9" ring gear :icon_confused: the only jeep guys who swap an 8.8 in, are the guys who had a D35 out back. Those with the rubicon (which already has a d44 rear), don't swap in an...
  8. cammeddrz

Why don't people get it??????

I am head of sales for a company that manufactures motorcycle parts, we have 2800 dealers, spanning 29 different countries so a customer will place an order through a dealer, the dealer then places an order through me, we ship the product to the dealer, who then gives it to the customer. so...
  9. cammeddrz

PAINT GURUS-acrylic spray paint?

i am painting some tubular inner fenders i made, i decided to try something new, i bought some of this, it seems to spray freaking nicely, and cover better than the other rattle-cans i have. being that it is acrylic, seeing as the primer is oil base. am i going to see any adhesion/lifting issues...
  10. cammeddrz

Best Axle Swap

i like my d44 :dunno: but the guys on pirate don't want me to like it..... pick an axle, run it, love it.
  11. cammeddrz

Best Axle Swap

every d44 i have bought, i have picked up for $150.00 or less. 60s seem to be waaaaaaaaaay more than that. but a 60 is better
  12. cammeddrz

anyone put a 3rd gen front end on a 1st gen?

I searched, and searched. and only came up with single pic someone else found. has anyone here put a 3rd gen front clip onto a 1st gen? i know anything is possible with any amount of fabrication
  13. cammeddrz

2000 explorer hood? what other front clip parts interchange? with ranger?

on a 2000 ford explorer which front clip parts interchange with other years/models? i can tell that the fenders, header, grille, and headlight are different from a ranger the fenders/header look the same as a mountaineer, but the mountaineer looks like it has a different grille, and...
  14. cammeddrz

SAS swap 1994 ford ranger

The TTB-vs.-SA debate is never ending, take everyone's opinion, and decide which is best for you. but ttb has 1 more u-joint than a SA, i.e. one more "weak point" (the passenger side axle literally has 2 u-joints on it) i've also never seen a guy twist and destroy the entire housing of a...
  15. cammeddrz

SAS swap 1994 ford ranger

ok as far as the axle strength difference question goes: but that is only referring to the carrier itself, a TTB d35 has pivot points, and additional u-joints. which each one is a weak point that a solid axle doesn't have

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad