• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by C.Fuller305

1. Timing gear breaking

They were both OHV motors and the picture above is the exact one that breaks I’m going to try and find a motor craft brand if not I’ll find a better brand for aftermarket
  2. Timing gear breaking

I have a 1994 ford ranger with a 4.0 motor from a 1993 ford explorer. Before the motor was installed I put all new gaskets on the motor and put a timing set off of my old motor that only had roughly 13k miles and put it on the new motor. As I went to drive it for the first time it was really...
  3. 4.0 and 3.0 OHV

I did at first but i would have to change to an automatic transmission when my truck is set up for a manual and 4wd the 3.0 came out of a 2wd so im trying to find another motor that is the same but another person said that the pre 93 4.0 is a different bolt pattern for the transmission so that...
  4. 4.0 and 3.0 OHV

So basically I have to find a 93 or 94 ford ranger 4.0 or I am looking at changing transmission or wiring harness?
  5. 4.0 and 3.0 OHV

Thank you all for the input however my motor is already torn apart. One head is cracked and the other has major wear on the valve seats causing issues, also my block needs to be bored 30 over. I am now looking for a good motor to replace it and my local junkyard wants 600 just for the block and...
  6. 4.0 and 3.0 OHV

I have a 4.0 ohv motor that has bad heads and I can not afford to replace them. However I have rebuilt 3.0 ohv heads will they interchange so that I can get my motor back or is there modification required? also if it is possible will I have to change anything to adapt to the 3.0 heads?
  7. 94 ford ranger diagram

I am looking for the diagram of the connector that goes into my firewall and goes into my cab. I need the male and female side of the connector with the wire color and circuit number. Please if anyone can provide me with the diagram.
  8. Idle problem

I have not thought of that ill check it tomorrow and see if thats the problem
  9. Idle problem

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 4x4. For some reason my truck will sometimes idle at 2200, 1000, or 650 rpm there is nothing that is done different that will cause the weird idle. I have replaced the fuel and air filter, Injectors, cpu, Idle air control valve, Throttle position sensor, and I...
  10. No start diagnosing

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 4wd. I was driving home today and I lost all power. When i pulled off to the side of the road and tried to start it back up it sounds like there is no compression at all. I got it home and did a test cylinders 5 and 6 are showing 60 psi throttle closed and 70 psi...
  11. ABS system

Everything has been replaced aside from the drum it’s self and I haven’t even looked at a flex hose because I was told it was the e-brake
  12. ABS system

I would except I’ve had to many close calls of wrecking because my back tires locked up
  13. ABS system

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 4WD 5 speed. My abs light comes on and off at the most random times and i need to get it fixed. I have replaced the wheel speed sensor and that didn't work.(only did it because it only cost 17 dollars) The control module and hydraulic unit are both 150+. I...
  14. Shock absorber mounted to engine

I have a 1994 ford ranger 4.0 v6 and I’m in the process of doing a top end rebuild on the motor. I noticed there is a small shock absorber attached to one side of the motor. I have never seen it before and I don’t know if I should replace it. If I need to what is it called (picture shows the shock)
  15. 3.0 engine wiring

I am going to make a new wiring harness for my 3.0 V6. There has been many splices and modifications made to it. Does anyone have a chart or diagram that tells me the exact wire size I will need I know it Varys depending on the function. Also I need the diagram of the wires that go into the cab...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad