• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BuckHilt

1. BuckHilt

No 5th or reverse - 1989 5 speed manual trans

T Thanks, I'll try that
  2. BuckHilt

Any recommendations on where to get the slider and shifter bushings?
  3. BuckHilt

I tried some stuff after the initial post and I can get it in Reverse but as soon as I let out the clutch it pops out of gear.
  4. BuckHilt

My 89 2.3L 5-spd has been running fine until today. I shifted down from 5th and caught Reverse, now I can't get either 5th or reverse. It won't go into 5th at all, and grinds when trying to get reverse. I have been able to get reverse sometime, but not with any regularity.
  5. BuckHilt

2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking, loss of power under load-solved

THANK YOU!!! I have been fighting this same issue for a few weeks now. Swapped #1 and #3 on the exhaust side and all is good in the world once again! Can't believe I missed that!
  6. BuckHilt

2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel leak, 1989 base model

Aftermarket P/N is F14D on both. Sherman makes a metal tank for 1990 and up, but fit the '89 directly. Interesting fact is the 1990 has a different fuel pump spec than the 1989, but the '89 pump P/N says it also works in later models. I'm trying to decide whether to try a kluge to make the...
  7. BuckHilt

Welded it and problem solved. (for about 8 months) Now it's leaking again! Sherman shows a replacement tank, so I ordered thru CARiD. 1st one they sent was for an F-150 and was nowhere near close. Next one was listed for an 89 Ranger. It's steel and a different configuration than the stock...
  8. BuckHilt

windshield washer pump inop - 1989 2.3l

Application of compressed air in reverse flow direction cleared it all, and a better ground keeps the pump running. All good! Thanks to you all for the advice!
  9. BuckHilt

Thanks! The pump is now working after kluging a decent ground. Next step is to find a new nozzle. Even usin tip l=cleaners, I couldn't get it to flow. I'll probably replace the hose while I'm at it.
  10. BuckHilt

When I push the end of the wiper stalk, the wipers make 2 passes, but no fluid comes out. I replaced the washer pump and still no dice. I've been resurrecting this truck since August and now that pollen season is in full blast I need the washers to work! Any suggestions?
  11. BuckHilt

It's fixed! Thanks for all the input. The leak was at the front of the tank around the mount for the steel shield. I welded it and epoxied over the weld with an epoxy specifically for plastic gas tanks.
  12. BuckHilt

Thanks! I'm thinking of covering the weld with fiberglass, since I don't relish a repeat.
  13. BuckHilt

Leaks all the time running or not.
  14. BuckHilt

What type of plastic is the tank made of?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad