• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bronco648

1. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

I have a re-man Cardone distributor (part # 30-2691, if memory serves). The LX212 pick-up is for a late 70s Pinto/Mustang II distributor (and looks like the one that's in the distributor in the engine in my Ranger). I also told the shop, that's working on the truck, to treat the engine like a...
  2. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

I haven't ordered anything yet. I'm just trying to help the shop identify what might be wrong by mining the Collective's mind. Everything is solid state except for the distributor pick-up. Even though that's new, it's possible it's failing when it heats up.
  3. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

Yes, but according to the post by @franklin2 , that stator is correct for a stock '85 Ranger whereas the modifications made by the Duraspark II conversion mean that parts should be sourced for late 70s Fords (Pinto, Mustang II) with the 2.8. At least I believe that was his point.
  4. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

OK. So, with respect to what might be the current problem, are you saying to (possibly) look for a distributor pick-up for a late 70s 2.8? If so, that would be the SMP LX212 that AndyB posted:
  5. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

That SMP LX212T part is available from Amazon for $20, too. Well, I guess I can pass this info along to the shop.
  6. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

@AndyB. It's interesting that the Light Truck Manual image doesn't show a listing for the stator for the 2.8. Both sixes shown are the 300ci and 230ci. Otherwise, it's V8s or 4 cylinders. The note above the listing says "item is serviced in 12127 assy." if it's not listed. Any idea what the...
  7. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

@AndyB. Sorry, I thought that was a distributor part number.
  8. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

@AndyB. What part number did you search for on that site? I found aftermarket ones from SMP. But, NOS might be nice to have if they're not spendy.
  9. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

Well, it appears as if the pick-up, inside the distributor, is still available from Standard Motor Products. and it's about $40 shipped. That's not bad. Of course, I'm not sure if that's the problem. I do have a spare distributor that needs rebuilding but I'm not sure if anyone rebuilds them...
  10. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

No EGR anymore. Carb is 1.08. Pointer was at TDC when I inserted the distributor and I verified that by checking that the piston was up and the valves were closed. Correct. That's kinda the conclusion I was coming to. If true, that would be a bummer because the distributor is new and they seem...
  11. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

OK an update: Got the carb dialed in (I think) and the vacuum and transmission issues are fixed. There was never a proper lack of vacuum (my bad) and the modulator, that I received from the PO, was wrong. So, the tranny now shifts properly. The remaining issue seems to be the ignition system...
  12. Bronco648

Free 4.0 V6 & 4.6 V8 Belt Tensioner

No worries. It's time to clean off the work bench and the the tensioner is just sitting there. Either someone wants it or it's getting recycled.
  13. Bronco648

Delete 3-into-1 Header Collectors - GONE

No one wanted these so they have been recycled.
  14. Bronco648

Duraspark conversion.

I had someone that knows carbs better than I take a look. He made some adjustments, to lean it out, that has it running pretty nicely now. He also told me to remove the cap on the float bowl vent (and plumb it into the air cleaner). :) He's also going to check into the vacuum issue. He says...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad