• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bronco648's latest activity

• Bronco648
    Bronco648 replied to the thread Duraspark conversion..
    I have a re-man Cardone distributor (part # 30-2691, if memory serves). The LX212 pick-up is for a late 70s Pinto/Mustang II distributor...
  • Bronco648
    Bronco648 reacted to 19Walt93's post in the thread Duraspark conversion. with Like Like.
    Since the older techs didn't want anything to do with them, I was "promoted" to Fairmont vibration diag tech. Fairmonts would be close...
  • Bronco648
    I haven't ordered anything yet. I'm just trying to help the shop identify what might be wrong by mining the Collective's mind...
  • Bronco648
    Bronco648 reacted to 19Walt93's post in the thread Duraspark conversion. with Like Like.
    Make sure it's returnable. I bought a breaker plate for a 70 428 SCJ from Rock and the box said made in China. 2 weeks later I drove to...
  • Bronco648
    Yes, but according to the post by @franklin2 , that stator is correct for a stock '85 Ranger whereas the modifications made by the...
  • Bronco648
    OK. So, with respect to what might be the current problem, are you saying to (possibly) look for a distributor pick-up for a late 70s...
  • Bronco648
    That SMP LX212T part is available from Amazon for $20, too. Well, I guess I can pass this info along to the shop.
  • Bronco648
    Bronco648 reacted to AndyB.'s post in the thread Duraspark conversion. with Like Like.
    12127 is the distributor. The ‘85 2.8 had a TFI ignition system, the pickup coil/ stator has a different part number (and initially...
  • Bronco648
    @AndyB. It's interesting that the Light Truck Manual image doesn't show a listing for the stator for the 2.8. Both sixes shown are the...
  • Bronco648
    Bronco648 reacted to AndyB.'s post in the thread Duraspark conversion. with Like Like.
    There are two stators listed in the 1985 light truck manual—I don’t know which would be correct for your application. There are several...
  • Bronco648
    @AndyB. Sorry, I thought that was a distributor part number.
  • Bronco648
    D4PZ-12A112-A That number was listed in this thread—I’m assuming it’s correct.
  • Bronco648
    @AndyB. What part number did you search for on that site? I found aftermarket ones from SMP. But, NOS might be nice to have if they're...
  • Bronco648
    I don’t think you’d need a new distributor, just the pickup coil/stator. It’s possible yours was not replaced when the distributor was...
  • Bronco648
    Well, it appears as if the pick-up, inside the distributor, is still available from Standard Motor Products. and it's about $40 shipped...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad