• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bronc3

1. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for 84 Ranger 4x4 long bed

Yup, he's looking for gross vehicle weight rating which is the maximum weight for the truck fully loaded. Gross combined vehicle weight rating would be truck+cargo+trailer+trailer cargo. I found the GVWR of 5026, and it varies slightly depending upon how the truck is equipped at final build.
  2. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating for 84 Ranger 4x4 long bed

I found 5026 lbs for your configuration.
  3. 01 & 02 Off Roads

Junior wound up with new Fuel wheels and Duratracs. Decided to shed the nerf bars.
  4. 01 & 02 Off Roads

We've had the 01 for my son for awhile now and it's been decent, now we managed to pick up an 02 for my daughter. Both are mechanically sound and good daily drivers, just the bodies aren't perfect. They are awesome 20 footers and both have 4.10 LS, 4.0 auto, lifted 3 inches. We've already fixed...
  5. For Sale 2001 Mazda B3000 $2,000

Looks clean, did you ever sell it?
  6. 2002 lifted ranger

What are the tires? 33's? Any interference issues? Looks nice.
  7. 4.0 SOHC

Correct socket, ball swivel and long extension, I used 1/2 drive stuff and have a 36" extension. When it pops loose you will probably think the socket slipped, so be ready not to bust your knuckles.
  8. Coolant leak?

I am going to have to look at eliminating the PCV coolant setup on our 4.0, I was considering replacing all the hoses as they are getting old. Might be fine just to eliminate potential leaks.
  9. Did you lift your 1998-2011 Ford Ranger 4x4?

Not familiar with this, but it sounds interesting. Sources? Expensive? I really don't think our truck rides that bad, and I have 3 other full size Fords in the driveway to compare it to, two of which are lifted. I'm pretty new to T bar Rangers, more experience with TTB and straight axle lifts.
  10. Transmission noise

Only thing I can think of that wouldn't change much possibly would be the throwout bearing, but even that should change a little when on and off of the clutch. Mainshaft bearings would be quiet sitting still in gear.
  11. First post .

Base: https://www.carid.com/2001-ford-ranger-interior-parts/ipcw-console-armrest-hinges-294718703.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|SuperCab I guess I bought it from CarID, I don't really like dealing with these people, but it was good quality. I don't know if yours is the same, mine is an 01.
  12. First post .

Pad: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2002-Ford-Ranger-Dark-Gray-Center-Console-Arm-Rest-Pad-OEM-NEW-Genuine/202116460614
  13. Possible help needed

Do the same two T40 bolts on the column come loose on the Explorer like they do on the Ranger?
  14. 4.0 SOHC

I bought an 01 4.0 SOHC truck with 150K on the clock. It had very slight rattle on startup, which led me to the tensioners. Both were easily collapsed, the rear being the worst. New tensioners solved the issue and will be replaced again again on a schedule if we keep the vehicle long enough.
  15. First post .

I found both parts on Ebay and Amazon, and the base is an improved version that included the hardware as well. The cushion itself was an OEM Ford part. Stay away from CarID.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad