• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by brinker88

1. brinker88

New Air Compressor

Finally broke down and bought a suitable air compressor for the shop. I went with the 3.7 HP 220v 60 gallon Kobalt compressor. Ran me $499 from Lowe's. Comes with a 3 year warranty with on-site repair. This IS a rebadged Campbell Hausfeld. The shipping label on the box came directly from them to...
  2. brinker88

are FW and EB 44s radius arms the same?

Good info. Thanks. And yea, stock piling is a horribly addicting thing. I still have a shed full of fullsize ford, ranger, chevy, and dodge parts :icon_rofl:
  3. brinker88

They'll work, you'll just have to buy EB lower coil retainers. FWIW, I have 3 or 4 pairs in the garage. I stock pile them lol
  4. brinker88

Different mounting hole lenghts for the coil buckets. They use the same bushings though. I have also run accros different casting thicknesses as well. I can post up some photos of each.
  5. brinker88

SAS on a 91 ranger or rebuild ttb?

I full day, easily.
  6. brinker88

There's not much to a TTB D35. Rebuild parts: - Used diff with new seals - $200 - Spring for C-clip eliminator - $2 - 3 u-joints - $60 for good ones - spindle bearing/seal kit - $10/kit (broncograveyard.com) - upper/lower ball joints - $35/side (broncograveyard.com) - inner/outer wheel...
  7. brinker88

TTB Axles really aren't that complicated to disassemble. Granted, it is tricky the first time around. Expect the lower coil retainer nut to be a PITA to remove. I would buy a used 3rd member before I rebuilt one in your situation (if you're running stock gears). I would upgrade to 760x joints, I...
  8. brinker88

Apple Hill 4x4

Most of you by now have noticed I haven't been on quite as frequently lately. I started a new job 2 weeks ago at my local 4x4 shop here in Muncy, Pa. We do everything from lift kits to lowering kits to fabrication, gear installs, stereo's, spray in bed liners, and everything in between including...
  9. brinker88

1989 F150 mild restoration build

I needed a 4x4 truck for the winter while the ranger's under the knife so I started looking for a full size 80-96 Ford truck. I ended up with an '89 F150. Drivetrain consists of a 5.0, 5 speed, and BW transfer case. I picked it up for $825 out the door. Plans are to fix the body up, do a single...
  10. brinker88

SAS HOW-To?

Why not just do a frame swap? Grab an extended cab ( you do have extended cab, right?) frame and SAS it. Then swap everything over from your truck. I have a 2wd '97 frame you could use
  11. brinker88

SAS HOW-To?

I think you'd be okay with 4". It WILL be tight though. You'll have to get creative with the track bar I'm sure.
  12. brinker88

SAS HOW-To?

You could use ballistic Fabrication coil buckets. You would have to sleeve your frame for a steering box though. I didn't even think to check the year of your truck.
  13. brinker88

SAS HOW-To?

If you want to keep it simple, go with a cherokee Dana 30 (without the center axle disconnect and with ABS ). Use ranger coils to keep the suspension fairly stiff due to you plowing with the truck and not offroading with it. Use the y-link radius arm set up (build it yourself) and use the stock...
  14. brinker88

Brinker88's slow SAS build.

Backstory. My '93 was getting pretty beat up and I was getting tired of fixing the TTB suspension every trip I went out. The motor was getting tired and the trans was an A4LD with an electric t-case. I scored a great deal on a '97 2wd for $300. No rust, one small dent in the cab roof, a 4.0L...
  15. brinker88

Buying A Shotgun

Rem 870 hands down.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad