• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bpsinned

1. bpsinned

1992 / 1999 4.0 Head swap

Cooler air is more dense with oxygen, which means more fuel for combustion,which means more power....When I compared my intake temp from inside the engine compartment vs. from stock air box ther was a 50/60 degree temp difference during the summer. I noticed the difference in throttle response...
  2. bpsinned

I'm going to be using the SOHC MAF, and would definitely think you would need to adjust the tune. I think not so much for the size, but for the airflow calibration in conjuction with the pcm... Those SOHC heads breathe differently, so the calibration for fuel/ air needs to be modified. I planned...
  3. bpsinned

I'm using the OBDlink Bluetooth communicatior paired to a 7" tablet. It has a 1 time $10 Ford pcm software with it. You can go in and design your own gauge cluster, digital / analog, diagnostic and code resets us a bunch of other useful things. I have a gauge setup for towing that shows me trans...
  4. bpsinned

I noticed a considerable increase in my intake air temp with a cone filter, I even tried to seal around it with insulation, but could never get it to come down. I finally went stock sealed box filter with a larger aluminum tube from it to the throttle body. The temp drop is significant.
  5. bpsinned

Rhoades I'm going with a 65mm MAF from a SOHC engine, and a 66mm throttle body from BBK. Where exactly are you pulling intake air from, a seal box, or a filter located in the engine compartment?
  6. bpsinned

I would imagine with a good tune somewhere just north of 200. I have a very similar setup going on and I'm going to be using the sct x4 tuner, working w/ 5 Star tuners to squeeze the most out in one of my tunes. The other 2 will be a economy, and a tow tune that I can flash to the pcm. I have a...
  7. bpsinned

Once again gaz I appreciate your input.Unfortunately Ive made the purchase on the cam and springs already, had I posted sooner I would have certainly taken you up on the offer. As of this morning the machine shop is beginning prep on my block and was able to get the pistons over night from a...
  8. bpsinned

Hey Rhodes, I got some great info from gaz on issues that I was uncertain on. I'm working a 99 block which is a 97tm with 90tm heads. Pistons are 2001 hypereutectic flat tops 1.441 height . Block/pistons going. 20 over. Beehives are only single spring... I'm using 988's which are doubles and...
  9. bpsinned

Thanks for your help, block is heading to the machine shop to check cylinders for appropriate action before purchasing new flat top pistons. Cracked ring destroyed #3 cylinder on original block, hoping the different heads and piston set will bump up the previous setup.
  10. bpsinned

Thanks for the response gaz, at least there's hope now. The 99 is a X vin OHV . As for the 01+ SOHC flat top pistons, would you know if they are a direct fit, or does any other alterations need to br done? I would certainly rather the bump in compression if they are as simple as just swapping...
  11. bpsinned

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to use a set of 90tm heads from a 1992 4.0 on a 1999 4.0 block? Long story short, 1999 gave way, got a donor 1992 and ordered after market heads,had 988 double springs installed for 422 cam before I realized the difference in a whole...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad