• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bowtieboy77

1. 1986 Ranger can I put 60/40 in it?

Hello I have a 1986 5sp reg cab ranger which I'm putting back on the road. The original bench seat is trashed so I am thinking about up grading. I need seating capacity for myself and two small children so I'm thinking a 60/40 split style seat or a newer bench. Slight modification is not an...
  2. Questions about weber carb conversion

I have a 1986 ranger with a rebuit 2.3lt engine. I am exempt from emissions so that is not a issue. I just received the weber 32/36 carb and adapter kit complete with brackets, hardware, and air filter and housing and have a few questions. 1. the instructions state the carb requires 3psi...
  3. Will weber 32/36 carb ice up?

Hello all I have posted this question in 4 banger thread but thought I'd try here as well. I have a 86 ranger just rebuilt engine and have ordered a weber 32/36 progressive carb kit for it as I did not like the aisian 2brl that was on it and it was trashed anyway. I do not need to etest so that...
  4. Do weber 32/36 carbs ice up?

Hello everyone I am rebuilding a 86 ranger with a 2.3 carb engine bolted to a mazda m5r1 5sp gear box. Last time (5yrs ago) it was on the road it was running a 2brl aision carb and during the first winter I was having a problem with the carb freezing up. If anyone is unfamiliar with this issue...
  5. Need some gear ratio advice.

I have a mixed year ranger its a 86 chassis reg cab with a 88 2.3 carbureted and m5r1 5speed trans. The problem is its a screamer at about 45mph its reving about 2200rpm's in 5th. The chassis would have originally came with a 2.0 with a standard (not sure what trans as engine and trans were...
  6. Is carb mount same on 2.0 and 2.3

I have a 86 ranger with a 88 carbureted 2.3 engine bolted to a m5r1 5 speed. The 2.3 is carbureted not fuel injected both were produced in 1988. Early 88 were carbed then switch to fuel inject mid year. I am thinking about installing a weber 32/36 progressive conversion kit on the 2.3 as I do...
  7. 4.6 exhaust manifold repair warning

O.k Just finished replacing a rotted exhaust manifold on a 2003 f150. Lets just say there is a reason repair shops charge $500 to do the job. Every thing went fairly smoothly but not quickly. If your are planning on doing this job take your time and penetrant and heat are your best friends. My...
  8. Carburetor info needed

I have a 1988 ranger with 2.3lt. The carb is a aisan 2bbl problem is I cant find a carb kit with the proper gaskets in it. I was on a carb website that showed pics of the gaskets in the kits. The 88-89 ford kit was way off the closet match to my gaskets were a 88-89 Toyota 4cl application but...
  9. Hello all

Just signed up but have visited this site as a visiter many times. I'm a licensed truck and coach mechanic and auto mechanic. Even having both licenses still doesn't mean I know every thing that's were you guys come in. The more minds on a problem is usually better.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad