• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by borked

1. Bucket seat swap into 88

Does anyone have any issues with their seatbelts? Mine doesn't seem very safe... I'm reading online they're designed to allow you to reach forward and will lock in an accident but I've tested this by; Yanking very fast on the belt to simulate an accident, the belt has no restraint just gives...
  2. Driver sider window off track

What would be the easiest fix? or is there no simple solution? The bottom is off by about an inch and stuck in the down position These are manual windows I am hoping I can loosen the track somehow and slide it onto the window? Unfortunately everything looks riveted or its one piece
  3. Any neat dash conversions?

I must be misremembering I was looking through videos of 302 swaps in 80s Era rangers and someone showed off a half way done dash conversion ..I think it was a mustang dash. Anyways that got me thinking and curious. Thanks for all the replies
  4. Any neat dash conversions?

the 80s were fun!
  5. Any neat dash conversions?

I want to upgrade the dash in my 88, to something funky. Anyone know of any good donor cars with wacky old dashes that would be a good match? Want a knight rider vibe lol and a lengthy wiring project sounds fun
  6. Bucket seat swap into 88

Welp that deal fell through. Anyone know of a list of good donor cars for bucket seats so I can spend the day rummaging junk yards? Thank you.
  7. Not starting

Well After doing a new starter and solenoid it ended up being a bad wire from battery positive to solenoid 🤷‍♂️
  8. Bucket seat swap into 88

Hello I have an 88 super cab w/ split bench and the seats right now only come half way up my back. For safety i'd like to put some buckets in, I found some seats from a ford focus. Is there anything I should be aware of? I figure any seats will work as long as you can fab up the required mounts...
  9. Not starting

Thanks so much for all that information. I'm going to lean towards the NSS as I was having an issue where the vehicle would turn off while driving and shifting to neutral and firing it back up was the solution. In fact I just ran outside after reading your post to try my old "trick" (shifting...
  10. Not starting

interesting this is for the same truck but has an extra piece
  11. Not starting

Hello helpful folk! My Ranger is not turning over. No click, nothing. I have replaced the battery with a brand new battery, and put new terminals on. I replaced the ignition switch. Current symptoms: No click, nothing. Completely dead. No lights. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect the...
  12. Hood stuck shut

🤣 you are exactly correct this is what happened
  13. Hood stuck shut

I appreciate the responses. I jammed it real good. No wiggle room to push down and I can pull on the cable until I feel like its about to break. Switching gears. What I really need to do is reset my battery. I was working on my ignition interrupt when I jammed the hood shut. Any ideas on...
  14. Hood stuck shut

Howdy yall. I must have jammed the hood shutting it. What do yall do to open it? Pulling the cable does nothing, just a little give and nothing. Can I remove the latch or something through the grill or from underneath? Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad