• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bootz1385

1. Bootz1385

SCCA/Nasa Pre-build Help.

Hello all. I have done weeks and weeks of research and now want to hear personal opinion. The goal: a lowered 2wd maybe AWD Ranger Track truck. The Ranger: Not bought yet but wanting 98+ for IFS. The Questions. 1. 2wd or AWD? from what I have researched the transfer case is not geared for...
  2. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

So today I got a new Fuel injection gauge off the truck and not the crappy Harbor Freight one I had. plugged it up and started the truck and bam! 30-33 psi of fuel. Do you think this is due to the fuel canister missing and me straight running it? Also I can hear both fuel pumps running.
  3. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

I am heading to the junk yard tomorrow to pull the original fuel system and original air box. I am going to pull the injectors as well. The injectors I got were from rock auto and do not have a fuel rating I can find. You are correct about the fuel canister. I put a larger fuel capacity fuel...
  4. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

I took a long screwdriver with the truck running and can hear all 6 fuel injectors firing.
  5. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

When I first got the truck It had been sitting for about 6-8 months. When I went to Change out the fuel filter the housing broke. So I replaced it with a metal in line filter and ran new fuel injector lines all the way to the tank. I also dropped the tank and cleaned it. Fresh gas and all new...
  6. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

Sorry had a busy weekend with work. I retested the compression to make sure I didn't drop a valve and compression was good. Retested spark and have good spark to all cylinders. Changed the plugs back out to coper plugs and still dead on the 2,3,5 cylinders. Did the test light test you...
  7. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

I installed it after the picture.
  8. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

After setting the idle screw I took a break. Came bake to the truck today and it fires right off. It is still running rough. After many hours of testing switches and relay and valves it still seems off. Did the spark plug test with it running and have cylinder 2,3,5 down still. Redid the...
  9. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

So I think I found the main issue talking to some ford techs and the previous owner. His son Couldn't get it to idle and messed with the idle screw. Does anyone know how to adjust this back to factory. Also the truck is backfiring really bad. When I did the timing gears the tab on the...
  10. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

My Hynes manual has no test procedures but I have prodemand so I will start testing my little heart out. Stupid question but will a carbureted 2.3l bolt into a 2.9L truck? If so the engine is for sale lol. Way better with a carb or obd2 system.
  11. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

Both connectors are on the driver side and the ac blows cold. I redid the timing chain, New computer (ecm,ecc whatever). truck started up and idles. Warmed it up and reset it to 10 degrees. Went to drive it and still bogging out. Checked codes and got 63c (tp circuit below minimum voltage. 34o...
  12. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

So I got the new injectors in. Took off the lower intake and cleaned the 80lbs of burnt and old oil out. Reassembled and the truck fired right off. Sounds great and then 30 seconds later stalled out. Fired it back up and ran for a few mins then stalled. Running a lot soother. So I got it to temp...
  13. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

So I got the intake off. There is a intake gasket leak and the injectors are clogged beyond cleaning. New injectors and gasket will be in in the morning. Thanks for putting me in the right Direction. I'll update as I get it all back together.
  14. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

Yeah, they didn't have the copers in stock as that is what I like to run. I have the timing set at 10 degrees with the spout out. Firing order I have at 1,4,2,5,3,6. just changed the wires out and it is a lot better but still no power on acceleration. It stalled out. It wouldn't restart for a...
  15. Bootz1385

2.9L timing help

So I did the test with the truck running pulling the spark plug wires. There was no change in the way it ran on cylinders 1,2,4,5. pulled out the compression tester and got these numbers. CYL1: 150 CYL2: 150 CYL3: 150 CYL4: 145 Cyl5: 160 CYL6: 150. I did the compression test with the engine to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad