• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Boost Bucket

1. Boost Bucket

2000 Ranger 4.0 to 2.3 EcoBoost Swap

Waiting on some parts to arrive to remote mount my transmission cooler, I made some progress fitting up the other Mustang parts so they'll play nice with the wire harness. Ranger/Mustang alternator is slightly different so I bored out one of the holes for the locating pin and the one on the...
  2. Boost Bucket

2.3L EcoBoost Engine in 88 Ranger

You would probably have a little more engine bay room in the older Ranger, but yes I'm putting a 2.3 into a 2000. I am using an engine, transmission and transfercase pullout from a 2020 Ranger specifically to retain 4wd. To my understanding, the Ecoboost Ranger ECU contains the instructions for...
  3. Boost Bucket

Temperatures have cooled down a ton and I've been able to get back to work on the project. The first order of business was correcting the rusted off radiator support. I am fortunate that you can purchase a complete drop in unit. I will probably cut it up to suit my needs but it is a much better...
  4. Boost Bucket

1994 3.0 to 1.9 TDI

Welcome to my TDI thread! I have worked on a number of Rangers over the years as a hobby, but I've also done some VW work occasionally. The truck I turned my first wrench on is a 1994 B3000 that I still daily. I'm currently in progress on an Ecoboost build but I had to go with a 5 inch lift to...
  5. Boost Bucket

It's been slow going with the heat and other projects but I've made a new crossmember an inch or so lower so that the cab doesn't rest on the top of the transfer case. I ended up getting a new one from the parts yard to cut down instead of modifying the one I had in case I didn't like how it...
  6. Boost Bucket

I finished up a few other projects and made room to finally put the cab on. I maintain that it was the right move to allow me to continue plumbing fuel and brake lines before I move on to wiring. I have to thank my fiancé for this installment because without extra hands this step either would...
  7. Boost Bucket

I decided in the name of progress to sell my Qwik Lift to fund the ECM. The quality seems to be extremely high and I'm glad I decided to skip past all the junk with immobilizer and whatnot on my factory ECM. My working theory is that if this seems stable, paying for the Mustang ECM might bypass...
  8. Boost Bucket

Not close to mars, but I've driven farther for less. I have stumbled across their setups in the past and they have a pretty neat operation. As far as the doubler goes IMO I already have 5 gears too many with the 10 speed. Not that it can't go offroad, but this build may never see a trail or...
  9. Boost Bucket

I had been putting off pressing in new leaf spring bushings considering the time I had getting the old ones out but the new ones took seconds. I used some threaded rod instead of fooling with the ball joint press this time and it paid off handsomely. Since the U bolts in the kit didn't work...
  10. Boost Bucket

Finished up the brakes and pushed in the leaf spring bushings. Spring perches look good enough but the shock mounts are a little questionable. We'll have to see if they slot in correctly or not. Unfortunately something I didn't see coming was that the axle tubes on the Explorer rear end are are...
  11. Boost Bucket

Since my drivetrain is a pullout with the computer still attached, my hope is I can at least get it to start with what I have. I have a video of it running before it was pulled. With a lot of reading time put in on this, I'm not sure that I want to run a Mustang pack on it straight up due to...
  12. Boost Bucket

Anything that isn't new I've been blasting with Rustoleum Rust Reformer. It's not the cheapest, but I can get a lot of run time out of a can and I've always used their Hammered black with much success on everything else. Since it's not glossy like the frame I think it will age well as it starts...
  13. Boost Bucket

After a little bit of fooling around I figured out a way to take basic measurements from the stock axle to transfer to spring and shock perches on the new axle. I set the old axle in place, measured the angle of the front face, then placed the new axle in the same spot with the same angle and...
  14. Boost Bucket

It took much longer than I anticipated but I finally completed the front suspension. I was going to let it go but after several more issues with the Rough Country 5" kit, I have to say not impressed is putting it mildly. While I appreciate the kit being on the market still, the ease of...
  15. Boost Bucket

I've been taking advantage of the nicer days as much as I can and pushing forward. I have most of the front end pieces for the Rough Country 5" kit installed but unfortunately it took some time because there was hardware missing where I had to improvise. I'm not very impressed with that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad