• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bogdon

1. Super charged will go how high?

Even without any power adders you will be fine. According to my calculations to run a 35" tire you will need to swap in 5.13 gears to maintain near factory performance. You will notice slight handling issues, mileage drop, longer braking distances, and maybe even slight slower accelleration...
  2. 4.6 in a 2008 Ranger

Looking at putting a 4.6l (automatic) into my 2008 ranger (currently 2.3l, manual shift) Does anyone have current information on a company making a plug and play style wiring harness for.... 1. Fuel Injection 2. Transmission 3. Interior stuff such as speedo, tach, temp, etc Before anyone...
  3. Forced Induction on a 2008 2.3?

Does anyone have experiance of adding forced induction to a late model (2008) Ranger with a 2.3l Looking for a bolt on kit, prefer turbo but would consider a Supercharger. If no bolt on kits could anyone tell me for sure a older turbo manifold from a xr4ti would bolt to my engine? Thanks Steve
  4. How Strong is the Tailgate?

Question. I have a 2008 Ranger 2wd short box. I have purchased a 800lb ATV over the weekend and plan on transporting it in the back of the ranger. The question I have is about the strength of the tailgate. Does anyone else here drive a full size ATV into the back of their Ranger? I am...
  5. Semi or Full Synthetic

Last oil change by the dealer was $147(CAD) after the taxes. Even the quick change places around here (Toronto) are at about $70 for a basic oil change and filter using semi-synthetic. the days of $20 oil changes are a long long long time ago. Hell the filter alone is like $10 at Partsource...
  6. Semi or Full Synthetic

16000 miles on my 2008 ranger 2.3l. Tired of paying the dealer for oil changes and as far as I have been told doing my own oil changes will not void any warranty as long as I can prove they were done on time. Owners manual calls for 5w-20 semi synthetic. I installed Mobile full synthetic a...
  7. Primium Fuel (advantage?)

Great tip thanks, I leave in 12 hours, sunshine here I come.
  8. Speed Pulse Signal wire help

I picked up a Eclipse avn5435 Nav unit to go into my 2008 Ranger. The install manual asks me to connect into my trucks Speed Pulse Signal wire. Can anyone here give me some information on where I can tap into this wire, what color the wire is, and maybe even supply me with an idiot proof...
  9. Primium Fuel (advantage?)

Interesting thought that makes sense, thanks for the comment.
  10. Primium Fuel (advantage?)

Did a search, did not find anything to answer my question clearly so here goes. I am doing the first long trip in my 2008 Ranger, 2.3l, 5spd. I will traveling from Toronto Ontario to Cape Canaveral Florida in the first week in January. Being a trip of over 4600km round trip the cost of fuel...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad