• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Blmpkn

1. Blmpkn

AR-15 shooters....

Seems like it's hard to go wrong nowadays by way of parts choices. my carbine is a spikes assembled lower and a windham weaponry assembled flat top.. ran me about 750 way back when with flip up sights.. bit over 1100 now since it may or may not have gotten a binary trigger. .458 Socom "pistol"...
  2. Blmpkn

Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

Oh wouldn't that be rich lol 😆 We're also both related to lightning guy, 22nd cousin 3x removed.
  3. Blmpkn

Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

My mothers side of the family came off the mayflower.. fathers side of the family moved from Scotland to Nova Scotia at some point and eventually wound up in Maine.
  4. Blmpkn

Glittery oil

I've learned that Iowa apparently does TWO things good over my time here.. breeding corn AND meme-ers 😆
  5. Blmpkn

Tire Experience/Opinion ?

Nice level ground.. just a little soft.. needed 4x4 to get out lol. I do like me some white letters.. some vehicles definitely need it.
  6. Blmpkn

Tire Experience/Opinion ?

Personally.. id go for some general grabbers. Same tread pattern, slightly deeper tread, and an additional 10k miles for the treadwear warranty iirc.. cheaper than the bfg's too last time I checked.
  7. Blmpkn

'85 Ranger Restomod

I am a big fan of the test fit.. whenever possible
  8. Blmpkn

Insanity....

The last time I did any groceries all fuzzy minded I ended up getting different categories of pork for just about every dinner all week. Hamsteaks, chorizo, sausage gravy stuff, bacon carbonara supplies, extra pepperoni pizza.. By the time I got home and was unloading everything into the fridge...
  9. Blmpkn

'85 Ranger Restomod

Is that threaded rod holding the side plates to the tube or did you find the world's longest bolts? Lol
  10. Blmpkn

Cigar lighter - Hot at all times, can that be changed?

I wouldn't worry about a phone charger flattening the battery.. I left a Bluetooth transmitter plugged in on my 2010 the entire time I had it with no issues. The screen on that thing definitely used more juice than the single led bulb that most phone chargers seem to have too..
  11. Blmpkn

Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

This is good advice.. efficiency is a delicate balance when it comes to rpm vs load. Higher rpm/low load has a good chance of being more fuel friendly than lower rpm & higher load. Mabey just slow down a bit too? Aerodynamic drag does not increase in a linear fashion as speed increases.. it...
  12. Blmpkn

Re-Gearing 7.5 LSD from 3.73 to 3.08, manufacturer recommendations for Ring and Pinion Gear set.

Personally.. I think even going to 3.08s is excessive.. all highway driving or not. It's just a HUGE jump.. 3.55s or 3.27s would be a better route to go IMO. Especially if it's an auto trans. When I went from 3.73 to 4.10s in my old truck it made about 'a gears worth' of difference.. as in...
  13. Blmpkn

camber kit?

Short/long arm. Different setup but the bolts might be the same?
  14. Blmpkn

Edelbrock Performer heads

I'd bet the farm on the aftermarket heads being able to use the factory rockers and whatever else.. especially from a brand like edelbrock. That being said.. I don't have a farm so 🤷‍♀️ perhaps give edelbrock a call or shoot them an email to confirm.. or.. find the page for those heads on their...
  15. Blmpkn

camber kit?

I have a SLA 2wd camber kit kicking around somewhere... if it'll fit your truck you can have it for the cost of shipping.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad