• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by blitz67

1. blitz67

2.3L ('83-'97) Crank, no start at -20°

Thanks. Air filter is brand new. Thinking the catalytic converter also but going to try the less expensive part first since it's been a while since the fuel filter has been changed.
  2. blitz67

Ok the coil packs and plug wires are changed. It runs better but still looses power going up hill. Thinking it's probably a restricted fuel filter.
  3. blitz67

Yeah that's the next thing on my list today is to get the ranger in the garage thus afternoon and get started on the coul packs and wires and check for the elusive ICM. LOL
  4. blitz67

Well ain't that interesting. The damn parts store sold the part stating it was for that engine and year. Well I'll for sure find out tomorrow when I'm out there replacing the parts that came today.
  5. blitz67

Well I have narrowed the problem down. After reading another post on the forum and having similar issues after it started, I have ordered an ICM (of course, after I had already ordered the coil packs and plug wires which will be here tomorrow 😀). I really can't complain. It has been a very...
  6. blitz67

Definitely right. Like I said, it started this issue in January when we NORMALLY get the -20°+ temps. I'm going to get a block heater and change out the coil packs (just to see if there's any improvement in general plus starting)
  7. blitz67

2.3L ('83-'97) engine swap 2.3 to a 2.5 lima

Interesting to hear about this swap. I'm going to have to look into this some more. Plus, I'll have to score a 2.5L engine. Thanks for another idea and possible project. Hahaha. Already have 4.
  8. blitz67

Yes it does. Winter officially started 5 days ago and I'm already tired of it. We've received the whole season's average amount already and there's 3 months to go. I went into where I work late this morning, put the battery in, checked the temp which was above -10° and it fired right up. I had...
  9. blitz67

Ron, Thanks for the help. Yes I knew about the vapor of gas. Just was wondering if the coil packs could be an issue. The starting issue is actually new as of last winter. I haven't had any trouble starting the ranger in the cold temps of winter (-20° or more) until last winter. I grow up in...
  10. blitz67

I have a 97 2wd 2.3 with 213k miles. It starts fine except for when it gets damn cold (-20° roughly). It will turn over fine and seems to try and fire on at least one cylinder. I am thinking it is ignition related. The battery is good. The spark plugs are good. I'm thinking the coil packs and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad