• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by blbzeckhart

1. 1994 Ranger 4.0L Auto 4x4 - How to bleed P.S. Pump?

Yes. Did that. Still bubbles in system after turing wheel left to right dozens of times. Am I missing something?
  2. 94 Ranger - Engine Swap - 1 Part Left?

Yes in Ford Diagrams it does look like the PVC hose. I never disconnected that hose from either engine. And in fact it doesnt look like that hose compared to either engine. Back to square one, lol. Thanks
  3. tell me your opinion on spark plugs

I have a 94 Ranger with the 4.0L in it. I am a parts guy and I know the business. The spark plugs in my Ranger originaly are not the same as what came in the truck from Ford. With that said, the upgraded plug from Ford is an Iridium and they are not really expensive. I get a heavy discount but...
  4. 94 Ranger - Engine Swap - 1 Part Left?

So, after a total Engine swap on my 94 Ranger. 4.0L OHV 4X4 Auto I found this part that I obviously took off the original Engine but after Re-install this hose is left? Interestingly, I couldnt find where it goes but also, the truck does not leak anything anywhere? I have called Ford to try and...
  5. 1994 Ranger 4.0L Auto 4x4 - How to bleed P.S. Pump?

Complete Engine Swap. Re-installed same P.S Pump and Reservoir. Truck runs great. Power steering hard as hell to move while driving. Manual says turn wheel left to right several hundred times to work out air? Lifted front end (wheels off ground), put in fluid and while running and cap of...
  6. 1994 Ranger Oil Pan - Help!

So, anyone following me or my Engine swap out, here is my next dilema. Complete Engine swap on my 94 Ranger 4.0L OHV 4X4 Auto complete. This past weekend finished complete install. Installed junkyard motor and added New: Plugs, Oil Filter, Water Pump, Thermostat, Heater Core, Radiator...
  7. Turning Crank Manual but does not move 360 degrees?

Not sure if I updated on this issue, but here is what happened. So I called the junkyard and they suggested that their was carbon build up in the cylinders from sitting (possibly) and that is why the engine would not rotate 360 degrees? The junkyard owner had said he had seen this issue at least...
  8. Turning Crank Manual but does not move 360 degrees?

Yeah so I separated it, pulled the plugs, the engine just won't rotate all the way around. While installed I could never get the 4th bolt on torque converter because it locks up. Tried going both ways. Never had intake or valve covers off. Just supposed to be an easy swap, lol. Also, since I...
  9. Turning Crank Manual but does not move 360 degrees?

I'll give you the back story after I present the problem: 1994 4.0L OHV VIN X (overheated, milky oil) Replacement engine from junkyard, out of the vehicle does not crank a full 360 when turning crankshaft with a socket and wrench. "Junkyard states is a good engine, 6 month warranty, and...
  10. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

*****UPDATE***** - ENGINE IS OUT!!!!!! So I feel like an Ass. I want to thank everyone for their Help and support on this Journey. I Came home from work today, started prying and shaking everything trying to get this to Separate. My Dad walked over and asked how it was going and I said same...
  11. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

I appreciate the feedback and I am just taking in knowledge from everyone that might have experienced my issue. I took out all 6 Bolts that hold the trans to the Engine on my 94 4.0L OHV Auto 4WD, and all 3 sets of 2 bolts were different. I plan to get more aggressive with all the tips and...
  12. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

I'm not arguing, there are no bolts in my 1994 Ford ranger that go through the dowel pin guides. Ford does not show it either. So with no bolts holding that engine together, it should separate. Just old and infused. I'm just trying to find a gentle or aggressive way to release those guide sleeves?
  13. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

No there is not, at least on the OHV auto. Can't, it's hollow all the way through.
  14. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

I have. I'm trying to find Aerokroil by kana. Locally. I've heard this is the best penetrating oil ever. Ive hosed it down with PB blaster. Going to try some additional tips heard here. I like the putty knife idea mentioned by someone
  15. HELP!!! Cant get the Engine Separated from the Trans......

No, and thanks for your tip! Love being part of the club!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad