• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' the posts that you read.

Recent content by BlackBII

1. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Well to be technical, I bought another ranger, pulled the cab off of that one, stripped it down and did a bunch of body work to it all so I could mount a mirror :icon_bounceblue:
  2. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Still needs a ton of finish work to make it all fit right but here's the 2011 mirror mounted.
  3. BlackBII

'85 Ranger Restomod

Looking good! How are old the plugs? Looks like it might be running lean?
  4. BlackBII

Wiring Diagram

Looks like I only have up to 1997 I imagine it's similar if not the same
  5. BlackBII

'85 Ranger Restomod

Nice looking welds there!
  6. BlackBII

2.3L ('83-'97) turbo swap AC question

No expansion valve on that system, it uses an orifice tube. Give me a few minutes and I'll post the diagrams. With how hot it is getting, AC is always worth it in my opinion. I added factory AC to my ranger as it didn't come with it from the factory
  7. BlackBII

To add to your list, you'll also need the wiring harness, pressure switch and lines of course. I have the wiring diagrams I can post for you.
  8. BlackBII

That does sound expensive. Also, that picture is of the dash side, which I believe is the same between the AC and non AC boxes. You need the engine side of the box as that's where the evaporator is. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you just need the engine side of the...
  9. BlackBII

You'll need to swap the entire air box. That one in your truck has no spot for the evaporator. Once you swap everything, it should work great. You'll need the hvac controls as well, it has the switch that turns on the compressor clutch
  10. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Very cool! Mine is the 4 cylinder though; same block as the 2.3 And yep it's NOS. Didn't come with the lights but I found some that will look the part
  11. BlackBII

BlackBII's white ranger

Got something in the mail today
  12. BlackBII

90 manual steering box?

1990 or so, the older generation. Most GM and Jeep from the 80's-90's used saginaw boxes with the 1"-32 sector shaft and 3/4"-30 input shaft, so parts are easily found in junkyards along with from places like Borgeson. I am using both the bottom steering shaft u-joint and pitman arm for a...
  13. BlackBII

90 manual steering box?

The manual box is actually smaller The input and sector shafts are different from the powered gear, so you'll need a manual pitman arm (1" - 32 spline) and a manual steering shaft. I made mine from a Cherokee as they have the same splines (3/4" - 30 spline)
  14. BlackBII

91 rangers are steering boxes the same 2wheel drive 4 wheel drive?91

Yes, but the pitman arms are different. The manual and power boxes are also different from each other, in terms of size and shaft dimensions.
  15. BlackBII

Ok, turbo coupe 88 ——>84 ranger 2.0

You'll want to use the Ranger oil pan, as the one from the Thunderbird is likely a front sump and will not work with the Ranger crossmember. The T5 will fit, but I believe the shifter a bit further back. Are you using a hydraulic clutch? I have seen pics on here somewhere of a externally...