• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by black_sheep

1. Alignment shop in Spokane?

Anyone in the Spokane area want to recommend a shop in the Spokane area that is good with aligning a lifted Ranger? I figure Les Schwab should be able to do it just fine but I thought I'd check first since these trucks are a bit odd...
  2. Got it started, found a clutch problem!

So after quite some time, a new front axle, new lift, and new slave cylinder, I finally started the ol' Ranger tonight... ...and it made a horrible whining/bearing-going-out noise! That immediately stopped, and the engine runs great, the sound is actually coming from the clutch. It sounds...
  3. New Acquisition

So, remember I was asking about my Mopar's front-end awhile ago, and you guys all said the only way to fix it is to get rid of it? Well, how's this for a suitable replacement...:yahoo: Traded the Dodge in for it about 2 weeks ago now. 2011 GT Premium
  4. Anyone have their manifold bolts out...

...and can tell me the lengths for which position? Or heck, maybe someone knows them off the top of their head. I've seen that the bolts are 8x1.25 if I need to buy new ones, since I'm pretty sure I'm one short (can only find 11). Plus them being carefully laid out by position got wrecked by the...
  5. Can someone shed light on this?

This is actually about my Dodge (06 Dakota). I had to buy a new tie rod end yesterday because my passenger side one is toast (3rd one in 3 yrs, 2nd on that side, awesome front end here). Instead of ordering online though, which I did a month or 2 ago off of Amazon when the drivers side one went...
  6. JD Traction Bars

Heck are they even selling them still for anything older than a '98, I haven't called them yet but they're still on the site but not the store. Thought about getting them for my christmas present to myself, my only problem is that I'm planning on doing an Explorer 8.8 swap next year. It doesn't...
  7. Analysis paralysis, please double-check me

I've been staring at parts sites and rebuild threads too long, and the price tag is screwing me up (who woulda thunk that little bit of stuff costs so much?) Would someone double-check my parts list for refreshing a Dana 35 and make sure I'm not missing something, have too much, or getting the...
  8. Which HF Ball Joint Tool?

I'm rebuilding a junkyard Dana 35 for a swap, and I'm at the point of working with the ball joints. I've seen many people say the Harbor Freight tool is a god-send for the job, but now which one do I get? There's this one ->...
  9. Black truck - ? underbody

Finally starting my build on the ranger now that it's my toy, and I have a mostly taken apart Dana 35 to replace parts/bushings. Since it is so far apart, I've decided it'd be a good time to clean it up and paint it, same with the rear when I swap for a 8.8, maybe the frame. Looking around, it...
  10. Camber Bushings

Wow it's been awhile! I bought a newer Dakota because the ol' Ranger was having too many problems, but now I've got the money and time I'm ready to lift the Ranger and make it my toy like I've always wanted to. Anyway, I have 2 questions. I'm still waffling between the Duff kit and a 6" Class...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad