• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bilbo

1. Junk Yard Trips

I was at one of the local U-Pulls and saw this machine. According to the VIN it came with an NA 7.3 diesel, but as it sat it looks like it had a turboed 300 I6. I got a little excited when I saw the intercooler peeking out under the bumper but was disappointed when I popped the hood. There’s a...
  2. What did YOU do today?

I scored the other fender I needed for the F250 at the U-Pull. The truck was a shop truck for a bit at a fab shop and there are gouges on both fenders at steel plate on flatbed height, along with the expected Midwest rust holes. Now to learn to spray auto paint! It can’t be that much tougher...
  3. New tools you've bought recently?

Runnings is a good store too. There was one in Moorhead, MN that I used to get tools from sometimes. Another one was close to my parents in Monticello.
  4. New tools you've bought recently?

Should you ever find yourself near one I'd recommend stopping in. It's one of the stores I really miss from back home. I haven't found anything like it down here in South FL, though I did se a Rural King in Fort Myers. One of these days I'd like to stop in and see what it's about. I think...
  5. New tools you've bought recently?

Mills Fleet Farm. Add guns, hunting and fishing gear, and basic groceries too!
  6. Bad weather camping (long post)

Back in my Scouts days it seemed like we were always getting nailed by severe weather. We quickly learned how to pick a spot and how to correctly set up the tents. I was camping that weekend as well, near Fort Pierce, FL. We got maybe 5 minutes of rain but the wind was crazy late Friday night...
  7. What did YOU do today?

Just got back from an island camping trip on the boat with my son. 2.5 days of lounging in a hammock reading, watching boats go by, cooking good food, and observing wildlife. Sure beats working!
  8. What did YOU do today?

Scored an injection pump and hard lines for my F250 at the U-Pull for $75. The pump is a reman and may be garbage, but worst case will be a core when mine gets tired. It’s due anytime now. My son came along and had fun pulling a few emblems to make magnets/fridge stickers. Also pulled a bunch...
  9. New tools you've bought recently?

Yes, that's the one. Maybe that's what it was? It sure looked like dried polyurethane varnish to me. I've always been taught that was brush-on so I've never sprayed poly but maybe? It was also missing some pieces so I just assumed it was a return.
  10. New tools you've bought recently?

I bought a harbor freight spray gun yesterday with a coupon. Today I took it out of the box and went to clean it, and discovered it looks like it’s been used. :annoyed: It was full of what looks like lacquer or varnish. I soaked it for a while and was able to get it sort and cleaned out...
  11. What did YOU do today?

That's the float switch for the automatic pontoons.
  12. What did YOU do today?

Is it completely inop or does it work intermittently? If intermittent can Forscan give you a “first out?” If it’s always inop there should be a step by step test somewhere that you can follow. I’m not 100% sure this will solve my issue as it’s an intermittent problem, but the switches did test...
  13. What did YOU do today?

The cruise in my F250 has been dropping out intermittently. According to the pinpoint test the switch in the wheel is to blame. I found some listed on eBay but figured I’d try the U-Pull and scored a new set of switches and an HVAC control unit to replace my janky loose one. If this set of...
  14. Stupid Question

Results are in: 1994 F250 has no clearcoat. I tested a few spots and the white paint rubbed off. It is also chalky everywhere, oxidation I assume. 1983 Ranger I believe had no clearcoat from the factory. The driver door and pillars are shinier than the rest of the truck so it probably had...
  15. Stupid Question

Since moving to Florida I've watched the sun wreak havoc on the paint of my 1983 Ranger and the topper on my newer Dodge. Some areas of the Ranger have what looks like clearcoat peeling in places. Others are just dull looking. The topper has peeling clearcoat, but is still shiny when cleaned...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad