• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by big91explorer

1. Ecm - Help!!!

I am having some trouble with my ECM controlling stuff, and was just wondering what would happen, if sometime between 1994 and now, that somebody put in a different ECM than what i'm suppose to have? Like say, I have the F47F-12A650-MB And, It's suppose to have F37F-12A650-AAB How do I figure...
  2. '94 explorer no OD shift

IT wont shift into OD, I can manually shift it with a switch that I wired up! so I know that it functions. What controls whether it will shift or not? VSS? Shift indicator? Any possible 'causes would be appreciated. Thanks.
  3. Headers

I am in the process of doing my trans, and it was a major PITA with the exhaust up, so i'm thinking about just pulling the exhaust down from the manifolds back, and well, since there gonna be out, i'm thinking about just getting some pacesetter headers, and y-pipe! Anyone have headers on their...
  4. Multi-function switch?

Does this switch control the 3-4 shift solenoid and the torque converter somehow? Where is this switch? I can't find any info on it. Any help would be appreciated.
  5. Antifreeze Leak?

Well, since I bought this thing, It has been slowly leaking antifreeze, and for the love of god, I cannot figure out where it's coming from.:icon_confused: I just crawled under it, and there is antifreeze on the oil filter and oil drain plug. It seems like it's coming from the rear of the...
  6. Where to buy?

I cant find SHIT, and am getting very frustrated, I just want either the soft 8's or the "rock crawler" rims that look like the soft 8's I want them in a 16x8 and cant find ANYTHING. Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. 3-4 shift and TC Lockup

What all controls these functions? I tested the wires, and they are good going into the solenoids on the transmission, I know they are a constant positive source, and that the computer grounds them when it wants to engage the 3-4 shift solenoid, or the TC lockup solenoid, After checking all of...
  8. Ecm?

So, I tried getting the codes off of my 94 exploder today, and it wont even go into that mode, and I know I connected the correct jumper wire. So i'm wondering if the ECM is messed up, it runs kinda rough, and the 3-4 shift solenoid and the torque converter do not work. Plus it has some various...
  9. Codes

So, i've got a 94 explorer XLT 4.0 auto. And it runs kinda funny, and throws a check engine light, I replaced the TPS and did a tune-up (plugs, wires) PCV valve is good. Well, so I go to check the codes, and nothing comes up, I mean I get codes for stuff that is happening at the time of...
  10. A4LD QUESTIONS!!!!!!! 3-4 solenoid.

Hi, just wondering if there are any differences in the 90-94 explorer A4LD Transmissions? Mainly, does the 94 still have the Vacuum Modulator? The reason I ask is because I need to replace the 3-4 shift solenoid, and I dont want to spend the 300+ that the dealership is wanting for the...
  11. Howdy from SD

Hey, from Rapid City, SD. I had a 91 explorer XLT 4dr with the 5spd and a 4.0 that was bored .020 and ported and polished heads. Had a 3 inch body lift, 2in skyjacker coils and Chevy add a leafs in the rear. With 32" tires on it, Sadly I sold the truck a couple years ago. Originally bought it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad