• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by ben_2_go

1. Radiator for v8 swap?

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be going with the Exploder 5.0 rad. Any opinions on the all aluminum units from ebay?
  2. 2.5L ('98-'01) EGR tube removal

I was sent this video but my manifold and EGR tube are different and it can't be reached with a wrench. Maybe this will help someone else.
  3. 2.5L ('98-'01) EGR tube removal

What size is the EGR tube nut on the exhaust manifold end? I have nothing that I can get in there to remove it. It's big. I want to try and find a crow foot wrench to fit it. Otherwise, I'll be trying to use my rotary tool to cut it off.
  4. Radiator for v8 swap?

Thanks. I've been eyeing those all aluminum 3 row rads on ebay for the 5.0 Exploder.
  5. Radiator for v8 swap?

My truck is a 2001 with a 2.5 and autoshatic. Is there a radiator that will drop in place of the original? What about a Ranger 4.0 radiator or 5.0 radiator from an Exploder? What fan shroud?
  6. 2.5L ('98-'01) What sensor is this?

2.5L sensor is on the side of the oil pump. I thought it was the oil pressure sensor but now I think it may be the cam timing sensor. I need a new connector. Mine is showing bare wires.
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 L Head Gasket Concern

I been trying to find a reman head but no one has them. I ordered one from a popular online rebuilder, that shall remain nameless. The head came to me with receded valves. I took to a machine shop that I use for all my auto stuff. He looked at it and laughed.
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) 1991 Ford Ranger 2.3 L Head Gasket Concern

The later 2.3/2.5 head is notorious for cracking between the valves. It's well documented.
  9. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 Lima mystery miss. Calling all Lima wizards

Yes they fire at the same time and are grounded behind the engine on the firewall. Maybe be a bad coil but I would try spark plug wires and spark plugs first. Look around the firewall, under the fender edges in the engine bay, and the header panel above the back of the headlights. There should...
  10. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 Lima mystery miss. Calling all Lima wizards

I've read and watched videos where people change over to distributorless ignition system with Ford EDIS4 using a megajolt ignition controller.
  11. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 Lima mystery miss. Calling all Lima wizards

Yeah, I'd say that shop isn't knowledgeable about these engines. The only 4 valve head that I know that can be made to work is the Volvo head. Modifying it to work is pretty simple. Making the FI and ignition work is a pain. A lot of the 2.3 turbo guys use the Volvo head. I don't think it will...
  12. 2.5L ('98-'01) 2.5 Lima mystery miss. Calling all Lima wizards

It is common and commonly misdiagnosed. It happens to most D port heads from 93 on. They have the biggest valves with heaviest valve springs. I haven't heard of it before then but it's roughly the same head machined differently. They have come down from nearly $600 to less than $400 since I...
  13. Fuel tank/sending unit problem? A back siphon on fuel filter return line emptied my fuel tank.

Those heads are the same as the 2.5 and suffer the same problems. It goes back to 93 when the D port heads came to be used on the 2.3 and later 2.5.
  14. Fuel tank/sending unit problem? A back siphon on fuel filter return line emptied my fuel tank.

I can't find 2.5L engine in my area. The ones I know about are the ones that are on the road and still running good.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad