• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BeaterMan

1. BeaterMan

value of a 85 beater?

I wanted to do a 302 swap into my ranger and have decided that the frame is not up to the added weight of a 302/np435/203/205 doubler. My frame already looks like swiss cheese and has had a cracked frame repair along with rusted out coil buckets ect. The way the ranger is now would work as a...
  2. BeaterMan

'02 F150 noisy rear end?

I believe the tsb more applies to the 8.8 vs 9.75. The replacement one I got had about 95k and its as smooth as new. My old 8.8 that was in the truck sounded like tumbling rocks when I spun it by hand. I do a fair amount of towing and heavy loads in the bed myself and the larger axle adds...
  3. BeaterMan

'02 F150 noisy rear end?

if you google f150 axle noise, you'll find that there is a tsb from ford about some axles getting bad bearings. Ford states that the whole axle assembly needs replaced, bearings, ring and pinion ect. I had the same problem with my 97. It got to the point where it sounded like a space shuttle...
  4. BeaterMan

85 bronco electrical issue

My 85 bronco donor vehicle died on me last nite while running, when I went to restart it, there was no electrical power anywhere. I hooked up a battery charger and it was fully charged. I have no power to the interior, lights ect the truck wont even click or anything. The only thing Ive...
  5. BeaterMan

Spring Creek Colorado

Has anyone been up there lately and ran the whole trail from Spring creek to Georgetown via the rock garden, wedge ect? I went up there today and ran the trail with my good buddy and his jeep-I know its a jeep but hes a real good guy to wheel with. Anyways that place has gotten pretty nasty...
  6. BeaterMan

opinions needed

I picked up a 85 bronco yesterday for dirt cheap with a excellent running 5.0 fuel injected to swap into my 85 ranger :yahoo:. The plan was to pull the motor and have a well powered ranger. Now my buddy got me thinking about putting the ranger cab on the bronco frame and running it that way...
  7. BeaterMan

cordless impacts

I'm thinking of getting a cordless impact but uncertain on which one. Does anyone have any insight on a good, powerful product? Thanx
  8. BeaterMan

f150 capability ?

I need to take a 92 ford taurus on a trailer to the auto crusher and the vehicle I was gona use is unavailable. So my question is could a 97 f150 4.6 auto with 3.55 gears haul the taurus on a dual axle trailer about 50 or so miles without too much stress on the f150? My truck does have a...
  9. BeaterMan

Help with mounting extended rad arms

Reciently i scored these arms at the local yard. After finding out who made them, i was urged to plate the ears that have a tendency to crack off. While i was at it, i boxed in the arms with the scrap i had laying around. These things are quite robust now and i want to get them under the...
  10. BeaterMan

Radius arm id

came across these at the local yard for $41 and just curious if anyone know who makes them? Either way I dont care, I'm gone use them regardless and have plans to box them in for added strength. heres the 3/8th plate i cut to be welded in this weekend. Also will i need to get an alignment...
  11. BeaterMan

96 merc tracer seats into 85?

Well havent been around here for a while due to no internet- posting this from a friends computer. anyways heres my question.... Im looking into swaping some new seats in replace of my broken, worn out bench seat in the old 85. I got the correct tracks and have read what seats will fit...
  12. BeaterMan

Got rid of a long time friend today

As the title says I got rid of a long time friend today. I've lately been needing a larger truck to haul crap ect around and my old 99' ranger just wouldn't have cut it. I put the truck forsale on thurs and today a guy came and looked at it and drove off with it. I asked kbb value witch was...
  13. BeaterMan

wheeling and carnage today.

Took the truck up to the hills today to do a lil wheeling and all was good and having a great time. There was a huge snow drift that only one other person went through- it was a exo'd supercharged cherokee and after countless attempts, i powered through it. None of my friends wanted to even...
  14. BeaterMan

D44 from IH Scout

yep all scouts are pass. drop and leaf under. those are hard to swap to leaf over as the pumpkin gets in the way of where the leaf plate would go. I think on extreme 4x4 they took a chevy pumpkin with the scout tubes to be able to do leaf over, while being able to use stock axle shafts.
  15. BeaterMan

Durasparky question

Im on the fence right now if i wana tbi my truck or duraspark and i'm leaning towards durapark because i wouldnt need a new fuel pump and dual tank selectors and return fittings ect ect. But my question is, has anyone successfully gotten their duraspark 2.8 to pass emissions without major...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad